Associate Director - Data Engineering
Aon is currently recruiting an Associate Director, Data Engineer to join our team in Singapore. About Aon's Center for Innovation and Analytics
Aon's Centers for Innovation and Analytics (ACIA) in Dublin and Singapore are at the heart of delivering Aon's Data & Analytic Services team's mission to:
- accelerate the rate of innovation through digital solutions to help better respond to clients' evolving needs
- provide foundational data and analytics capabilities in one place for 50,000 Aon colleagues and our global clients who use our risk and people solutions
Established in 2012, there are over 100 colleagues in Singapore's Centre today including actuaries, software developers, data scientists, financial analysts and accountants. We are expanding rapidly and looking for dedicated individuals who can leverage emerging technologies and collaborate across Aon's solution lines to help clients and colleagues make better, data-driven decisions today and tomorrow. The Opportunity
You will work with business stakeholders and our Engineering team (mostly with Data Scientists, Data Analysts, Backend Engineers and SRE's) to develop and have a real impact on the overall design of the data and data pipeline architecture to allow the growth of our business. As our Lead Data Engineer, you should be passionate about designing, building, and maintaining our growing big data platform. Responsibilities:
- Work with the Engineering team and in collaboration with Aon's business teams to define and deliver data solutions that enable and enhance Aon's analytical capabilities.
- Design, build and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Design the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS 'big data' technologies.
- Work with stakeholders including the Product Owner, Data Science and Development teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Maintain up to date Technical and Operational documentation
How to Apply
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
- 5+ years' experience in Big Data technology and developing data pipelines within a Hadoop-based / Apache Spark environment
- Good knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Hive, Impala, Kafka, Spark, Elasticsearch etc.) & associated tools and cloud-based technologies (AWS-based)
- Highly proficient at reading, profiling, parsing, transforming, cleansing & integrating data from various sources (structured and unstructured)
- Experience designing Horizontally Scalable Event-Driven Big Data Architecture
- Experience with big data ingestion and workflow management tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka,Airflow, StreamSets, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases (Postgres, MongoDB, Redis, etc.)
- Experience developing data solutions with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, Kinesis, Athena
- Experience in programming (Python, Scala, Java) for automation and data processing.
- Experience working with bash scripting, Docker, Kubernetes and Linux environments on a daily basis.
- Experience with Cloudera CDP will be an added advantage
- Awareness of Data Security, Data Governance and Service Operations processes, with an ability to deliver on these key non-functional requirements.
- Excellent communication, sharp analytical abilities, able to think critically of the current system in terms of growth and stability
Your opportunity to empower results could start right here. Make your mark and apply online today with a brief covering letter and your resume, sharing relevant achievements for this position. We Offer You
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization. Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience. Aon is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to creating a winning and inclusive culture where everyone feels valued and has opportunities for growth and development.