- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 12 Mar 18
Associate Director, Business Risk Assessment, FCC
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Associate Director, Business Risk Assessment, FCCJob Responsibilities
Business (Responsibilities related to the delivery of business and / or financial objectives)
* Keep track of and provide advice to relevant stakeholders on the interpretation and application of regulatory expectations, laws, best practices and policies related to FCC.
Processes (Processes for which the role is responsible under the ORF as 1st & 2nd line; for executing / completing, and for supervising)
* Providing governance and oversight over the implementation of FCC-related policies and procedures in Global to ensure compliance with such policies and procedures.
* Provide advice to relevant stakeholders on compliance with Group standards relating to [AML/Sanctions/ABC].
Risk Management (Responsibilities Under Risk Management Framework - both execution and supervisory)
* Identify intelligence for typology studies and risk mitigation plans.
* Identify financial crime risk indicators through various internal/external sources that impact SCB and its clients.
* Implement [AML/Sanctions/ABC] risks identification and assessment methodologies.
* Conduct Country risk assessment.
* Map risks, quantify the potential impact and escalate where necessary.
* Advise relevant stakeholders on outcomes of [AML/Sanctions/ABC] risks identification and assessment methodologies.
* Understand technical aspects of systems relevant to CDD, Client Risk Assessments, Name and Transaction Screening, AML Monitoring and Case Management.
* Propose control improvements, enhancements and simplifications where appropriate
* Support all control checks undertaken by FCC under the Operational Risk Framework (ORF)
* Be accountable for identification and escalation of potential risks and issues to senior management through appropriate governance channels and the Quality Assurance framework
* In the event of serious regulatory breaches, or where risk tolerances have been breached, ensure senior management and relevant regulators are informed and that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased
* Analyse and interpret data to produce reports that help the bank identify and manage emerging areas of risk / vulnerability and thus drive remediation action within the FCC function
Regulatory & Business Conduct
* Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
* Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
* Lead the BRA team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
* Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
* Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association (or equivalent)
* Support project delivery/monitoring activities
o Manage and drive weekly calls
o Produce weekly and monthly status reports
* Highlight and manage risks, issues and dependencies to the project, and proactively chases mitigation and resolution
* Identify and actively engage with various key stakeholders (in Asia and Europe) to ensure the success of the project
* Preparation, understanding and review of business requirements and DOI's
* Process analysis, mapping and re-engineering including identification of optimal end-state process, structure
* Coordinate with cross teams to ensure delivery of requirements stipulated in BRD
* Collate and evaluate information from multiple sources, synthesize and effectively present information at different forums/ stakeholders for deliberation
Solve Problems - Core
Take the Lead - Core
Collaborate - Advanced
Communicate - Advanced
Achieve Results - Advanced
Compliance Policies and Standards - Core
Compliance Review and FCC Assurance - Core
Manage Change - Advanced
Manage Projects - Core
QUALIFICATIONS - training, licenses, memberships and certifications
* Baccalaureate degree