- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
Associate Director, Compliance, Controls, Financial Markets
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Leading the way in International Banking. Standard Chartered is one of the world's most dynamic and exciting international banks. Once you have joined the team, we offer many opportunities to expand and grow your career.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake the following roles and responsibilities:
- To support FM Compliance to implement a Controls review process across the Financial Markets (FM) businesses to provide challenge and oversight of the risks, in-depth coverage across the material risks in line and as articulated in the Bank's Operational Risk framework.
- To participate to the ongoing work within the Bank to identify and implement the requirements for the FM business to be in compliance with its regulatory requirements.
- To act as a subject matter expert and advise on relevant regulatory requirements and expectations, review and develop relevant policies and procedures to address them, and develop and implement training programmes as required.
- To drive changes within the FM business to enhance governance frameworks, policies, processes and controls to minimize compliance and regulatory risk. This includes designing and reviewing controls under the Operational Risk Framework.
- To design and coordinate the execution of assurance reviews to test whether enhancements are adequately embedded and that Front line controls adequately cover Conduct Risks within the business.
- To build and maintain an effective and constructive relationship with all key business and functional stakeholders Including the ability to provide robust challenge to senior management and relevant business stakeholders.
The candidate is expected to have:-
- Strong technical knowledge of Financial Markets products, activities and associated regulatory requirements, and sound understanding of risks and control frameworks.
- The ability to analyse regulations and their applications, and a strong appreciation of the importance of proper standards of conduct within banking.
- The ability to develop relationships with multiple stakeholders in various functions and countries, including but not limited to Sales & Trading, Legal & Compliance, Regulatory Reform, IT and Operations, Project Management and the COO Office. This should include the ability to interact with a broad range of stakeholders, to ensure the requirements are understood, their impact on the business analysed and delivered through to implementation, including the control framework.
- The ability to work independently and within a team. The candidate should have a desire to deliver results, be self-motivated and self-reliant with a genuine desire to get things done.
- Excellent written English with a proven track record of drafting business and functional requirements documentation.
- Strong MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint skills would be an advantage.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our core values and mantra - here for good. And if you perform well consistently, we'll give you the rewards you deserve. Are you looking for a career that can expand your horizons? We have one..