- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 01 Oct 17
Associate Director, Compliance Initiatives
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Support the Head, Compliance Initiatives in delivering the overall agenda of the Compliance team.
To provide central support, primarily within the compliance function, in leading and embedding a variety of compliance projects and initiatives, including helping in the creation of a common framework and governance structure across the function.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Help the Group meet its commitment of being "Here for Good" by building a sustainable compliance framework that places regulatory and compliance best practice standards, and a culture of appropriate conduct at the forefront of the Group's agenda.
* Maintain constructive and effective relationships by supporting interaction with stakeholders within Compliance and outside of Compliance.
* Maintain independence, deliver timely responses, and timely escalation of risks and issues where they feel risk management tolerance of the firm are exceeded.
2. Strategy and Governance
* Support and implement the vision, strategy, direction and leadership for the Compliance function, and in support of the Bank's strategic direction and growth aspirations
* Drive efficiency within the function, including through establishing and maintaining effective processes.
* Promote the culture and practice of compliance with compliance standards within the Bank and embed a "Here for Good" culture and the Group Code of Conduct.
3. Compliance Initiatives and Reporting
* Support Group Head, Compliance in specific projects and initiatives where necessary. Work closely with colleagues in the Compliance function to ensure that Compliance risks are comprehensively identified, assessed, managed, monitored and reported.
* Play a critical role in coordinating the various teams within the Compliance function to ensure that subject matter experts are appropriately engaged and a fully considered Compliance advice is provided to stakeholders.
* Own and lead the drafting of specific central compliance documentation, including improving on the process for production of such documentation. Support Group Head, Compliance in delivery quality documents for consumption by senior stakeholders and the function. This includes providing strategic and drafting support in the preparation of written materials for Compliance, such as committee papers, policies and procedures and briefing papers.
* Support the provision of reports to relevant Group and Business risk and control committees and management group on key compliance risks and issues.
Qualifications and Skills
* Exemplary integrity, ethics, independence and resilience with a track record of good judgment and highest standards of conduct.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Highly motivated, with demonstrated success in the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a high pressure environment with minimal supervision.
* Self-driven, with an inquisitive approach to practices, procedures and specific transactions.
* Excellent Project Management skills.
* Experience in management, analysis and presentation of management information.
* Excellent communication skills and multi-cultural awareness and sensitivity. Personal authority with proven ability to establish relationships and provide strong direction at the most senior levels of the Bank. Ability to effectively collaborate and work dynamically across the Bank's geographic and functional footprint as well as diverse stakeholder base.
* Strong drafting ability.
* Experience in regulatory, compliance, risk management or legal related fields preferred.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.