Associate Director, Group Risk Management
This is a hands-on leadership role on risk advisory and management. Being part of the Singtel Group Risk Management, the role provides support to the Risk Management Committee (RMC) which in turn supports the Board / Risk Committee (RC) in the oversight of the Group's risks and mitigations, as well as the adequacy and effectiveness of the Group's risk management and internal control system.
The role entails close engagement with the Group Consumer to establish risk strategies, identify, assess and monitor risks (including new and emerging risks as well as catastrophic risks) in a structured manner, and develop appropriate risk mitigation plans in accordance with the Group's risk appetite and thresholds. In addition, the role is required to monitor and report on the level of compliance to the Board-approved Risk Appetite Statement and Risk Tolerance Framework which provides guidance to Management on key risk parameters. The role will also assist the Head Group Risk Management in ensuring overall risk oversight on Group Consumer. Responsibilities
The Ideal Candidate
- Work with the business units and functions to implement the appropriate risk management policies and procedures taking into account the Board-approved Risk Appetite Statement and Risk Tolerance Framework.
- Work with the business units and functions to integrate risk management within the Annual Operating Plan / Budget and any other critical processes
- Act as the risk advisor to the business units and functions, and promote risk awareness and accountability amongst Management and Staff in the business units and functions
- Facilitate the preparation / update of the risk registers (and relevant risk reports containing risk indicators) which identify and assess the key risks facing the Group's business and review / monitor the internal controls to mitigate the risks. This entails identifying the risk areas where there exist gaps pertaining to policies or processes, and / or ineffective or inadequate resources (system, people, others), in order that the appropriate mitigation plans can be developed and implemented.
- Promote a risk and control awareness culture within the SingTel through risk awareness programme (communications, workshops, dialogues) and sharing of past learnings
- Lead the Group's insurance strategy (policies, coverage, limits, deductibles, exclusions, etc.) with a view to maintain competitive premiums (and brokerage fees / commissions) and adequate coverage of the Group's risks in the light of the changing risk profile of the Group.
- Work collaboratively with the other team members within Group Risk Management responsible for managing the Group insurance programme to ensure adequate and cost-effective coverage of the insurable areas
- Work collaboratively with the other team members within Group Risk Management and from the business units and functions responsible for Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BC&DR) to ensure comprehensive and effective BC&DR plans and practices, and crisis exercises and reviews
- Support Management / Management Committee in assessing the risks and contract deviations on major contracts. This entails having a good understanding of the underlying risks and appreciation of the legality of the contract deviations (mainly procurement contracts) that require approval by Management / Management Committee.
- Leveraging on internal and external assurance service providers and other functional / subject matter experts, the role is expected to be proactive in driving an adequate and effective risk management system across the Group, covering the strategic, operational, financial as well as catastrophic types of risks
- Provide expert advice and opinion on insurance matters
- Report to the RMC and the Board / RC on material matters, findings and recommendations pertaining to risk management and insurance
- Participate in relevant risk management subcommittees or discussions
- A good degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, IT or Engineering
- At least 12 - 15 years of risk management, consulting, or auditing work experience
- Experience in working in challenging business environment with proven capabilities in organizing, summarizing and presenting complex information
- Experience in reviewing commercial contracts and good understanding of the legality of contract terms
- Advanced knowledge of risk management and control concepts, leading risk management practices and standards (e.g. ISO 31000, COSO)
- Strong leadership and engagement skills with ability to manage across functions, levels, cultures and geographies. Good communication (oral, written) and presentation skills and proven track record in interacting with all levels of management
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills - independent and objective
- A strong team player with positive attitude. Highly driven, autonomous and resilient. Enjoy working in a dynamic and multi-cultural team and business environment
- In-depth understanding of the telecommunications/ ICT industry and the risks faced by the Singtel Group and its businesses. These include the technology risks, competition and transformation developments in the telecommunications/ ICT industry, environmental risks, regulatory risks etc.