At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business and we’re looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We’re digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we’re looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
- The role holder will be responsible for developing, enhancing and retaining client relationships/assets, focused on private banking channels, family offices and external asset managers in Singapore. You will work very closely with the regional team to deliver quality services to our clients and prospects.
Key Work Level Accountabilities: Manager or Expert
- For people managers, accountable for managing and motivating others to ensure quality of delivery to customers and stakeholders
- For technical specialists, accountable for delivering expert advice or service, using specialist knowledge and subject matter expertise
- Applies judgement to deliver outcomes, evaluating a range of potential solutions, considering the impact for customers, cost and risk
- Manages conflicts that may impact delivery
- Challenges upwards given knowledge of delivery and awareness of complex systems and the broader picture
- Identifies and anticipates need for changes to continuously improve quality and efficiency of output
- Manages resources and risks using expert judgment, know-how and experience
Key Responsibilities for this role:
- Enhance and retain existing relationships/assets, focused on global/regional private banking channels, family offices and external asset managers in Singapore
- Gather and share intelligence on prospects and clients with global and regional colleagues
- Identify, target, develop, build and manage relationships with global/regional private bankers by proactively promoting M&G products.
- Develop business building ideas for intermediary partners and work with internal teams to produce them
- Deliver exceptional client service by being a reliable source of value added assistance, providing updates on existing investments, running educational workshops and responding to ad-hoc requests
- Work with the Regional team based in Singapore to support Private Banking partners
- Formulate and execute individual annual business plans
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Solid experience in private bank distribution gained from the asset management industry. Strong existing network with key gatekeepers and sales influencers in Singapore. Retail distribution experience is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of investments as well as the operational and regulatory framework ; thorough and technical understanding of fund products and the various asset classes.
- Have an entrepreneurial attitude with ambition, drive and resilience. Ability to independently establish new relationships from scratch and leverage networks both internally and externally
- Ability to maintain credibility with existing clients and establish credibility with other high end investors across the market.
- Responsible for providing professional sales support services to clients which includes handling day-to-day inquiry from clients as well as account opening and related paper work.
- Strong academic background with an economics or business related degree; CFA is also preferable
- Strong analytical skills complemented with strong business and commercial acumen as well as sound judgement
- Strong team player who can operate with autonomy and at the same time work towards the achievement of common objectives in a constructive, collaborative and team oriented manner;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral): capable of explaining the nuance of complex investment strategies to both expert and non experts.
- Fluent in English, other regional languages are also beneficial as the role may work with other APAC markets
At M&G Diversity and Inclusion is a strategic objective. We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationally, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks.