Associate Director: Portfolio Analysis and Monitoring
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
The role holder will be responsible for proactively managing the credit risk (monitoring and analysis) of a complex portfolio of Global Credit Markets (GCM) accounts in close co-ordination with the originating deal team Credit Analysis
- Proactive, comprehensive and timely credit analysis through BCA renewals, quarterly performance reporting, waiver and amendment requests and documentation of credit events;
- Ensure forward looking Credit analysis and make recommendations to actively sell down/Credit insure riskier assets in the book. Ability to analyse Risk/Return analysis and optimise profits (own portfolio as well as Directs (as applicable)). Recommendations to be based on forward looking risks (driven by CG downgrades and hence incremental Credit losses, stress tests,etc)
- Ability to support on packaging deals with the distribution / securitisation teams for Funded/Unfunded Risk Participations or synthetic sell downs (eg. CLOs)
- Ability to work closely with GSAM and the respective GCM product to ensure that stage 3 ECLs are reasonable and arrived logically with realistic assumptions
- Evaluation and understanding of risks associated with Financing Solutions/Leverage and Acquisition Finance/Project and Export Finance/Structured Finance assets, structural, contractual and external risks;
- Financial analysis of a complex customer base using credit skills; ratio analysis; balance sheet and cashflow analysis;
- Evaluation of security, including parental support;
- Evaluation of project company management and strategy;
- Compliance with Bank policy and procedures
Our Ideal Candidate
- Monitoring, review and reporting (where required) of covenanted items;
- Quarterly portfolio reporting;
- Portfolio Risk/Return analysis and profit optimisation
- Timely response to portfolio related queries to other areas in the Bank;
- Accurate and timely responses to ad hoc reporting requests;
- Ensure that credit files are complete and maintained to an auditable standard.
- Timeliness and quality of credit analysis;
- Protection of the credit risk profile of the portfolio when making recommendations to credit; and
- Timeliness and accuracy in reporting.
- Active participation in projects which will impact upon the GCM Portfolio
- Five years credit analyst experience
- Credit analysis skills;
- Financial analysis skills;
- Able to analyse excel-based financial models;
- Must be sensitive to short time frames and be able to quickly assess and turnaround applications to credit;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required; and
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and can work with little supervision.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.