- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 16 Sep 17
Associate Director, Strategy
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.The global CIB Strategy team, is a part of the Strategy team, helps drive and execute the CIB's strategic agenda.
The Strategy team is a diverse team of 30+ individuals from different nationalities based in Singapore (primarily) and Hong Kong. The team members have broad based experience in strategy consulting in the banking sector - corporate, investment, retail, commercial, private etc.
The CIB Strategy team focuses on developing and executing CIB strategic priorities, including innovation agenda. It provides exciting and challenging opportunities for driven candidates who want to either pursue a career in strategy in the Bank or transition into business/function after a few years of strategy experience.
The team works with the senior most stakeholders of CIB on a variety of projects related to business, geographies or functions. As a talent incubator for the Bank, it can open prospects for moving into other exciting roles. Given we are co-located with the senior management team in Singapore or Hong Kong, it requires very moderate amount of travel.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Supporting projects in structuring issue-based work plans, developing hypotheses, driving an overall storyline, and developing implementation strategy to deliver measurable impact.
* Taking ownership of work-streams or analysis, designing and conducting analyses, doing secondary research, synthesising conclusions, making presentations
* Engaging and discussing key business issues with senior management in most assignments
* Contributing to team initiatives
Qualifications and Skills
* Highly motivated individuals with outstanding academic credentials and professional accomplishment
* 3-5 years of work experience in an analytical role, preferably in CIB businesses
* MBA or a Master's degree from a leading University preferred for the Associate Director role
* Should possess key skills such as financial analysis and modelling, ability to handle tight deadlines and delivering under pressure, excellent communication skills
* We place high value on relevant personal qualities including: professionalism, resourcefulness, teamwork, tenacity, independence, energy, self-confidence, and a desire to deliver impact
* Advantageous (though not critical) to have consulting experience, as well as knowledge of banking in Asia and Emerging Markets
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 29/09/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.