- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 30 Jan 18
Associate Director, Strategy
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Associate Director, StrategyLeading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good. See our Brand and Values
We are currently looking for Associate Director, Strategy.
OPPORTUNITY WITH THE GROUP STRATEGY TEAM
The Group Strategy team is a diverse group of around 25 individuals based in Singapore and Hong Kong. Team members have had broad based experience in strategy consulting in the banking sector, from both leading strategy consulting firms such as McKinsey, BCG, Bain, Oliver Wyman and other leading financial institutions.
Our work is broad ranging. We help the Board and top management to understand key industry trends and their implications, and work directly with the leadership teams in business segments, geographies and functions to define their strategic priorities and implementation plans. The work is project based, and as an Associate Director, you will work closely with the Directors / Managing Directors within the team owning key analyses / modules of a project.
The Group Strategy team provides exciting and challenging opportunities for driven candidates who want to either pursue a career in strategy within a financial institution or transition into business / function after a few years of strategy experience. We work with the most senior stakeholders of the bank on a variety of projects related to business segments, geographies or functions. As a talent incubator for the Bank, it can open prospects for moving into other exciting roles. Given we are co-located with the senior management team in Singapore and Hong Kong, it requires very moderate amount of travel.
* Structuring issue-based work plans, developing hypotheses, driving parts of strategy storyline
* Taking ownership of work-streams or projects, designing and conducting analyses of internal and external data, doing secondary research, synthesising conclusions, making presentations
* Engaging and discussing key business issues with business / functional stakeholders
* Contributing to team initiatives
Your level of responsibility will be determined by demonstrated skills and limited only by your ability and potential. You may have the opportunity to play an expanded leadership role on the team, growing into a more senior role after 2-3 years.
* Highly motivated individuals with outstanding academic credentials and professional accomplishments
* At least 3-5 years of relevant work experience in an analytical role, preferably in financial services sector
* MBA or a Master's degree from a leading university preferred
* Should possess key skills such as financial analysis and modelling skills, ability to handle tight deadlines and delivering under pressure, excellent communication and presentation skills
* We place high value on relevant personal qualities including professionalism, resourcefulness, teamwork, tenacity, independence, energy, self-confidence, and a desire to deliver impact
* Advantageous (though not critical) to have consulting experience, knowledge of banking in Asia and Emerging Markets, capabilities in one or more Asian language(s)
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that's free from bias, where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise - here for good. Apply Now...