Associate Director, Technical Excellence (Insurance Policy Wording Specialist)
Aon is currently recruiting an Associate Director/Insurance Policy Wording Specialist to join our team in Singapore. About Aon
Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
At Aon, you'll be part of a team which will support and inspire you and provide the opportunities and resources to develop your skills. It's an environment which encourages you to achieve your best - together we'll empower results. The Opportunity
As part of an organic and planned growth in Aon's regional broking team, a newly created role of Associate Director/Insurance Policy Wording Specialist
will provide specialist support on policy wordings and technical insurance issues to Aon's Specialty broking groups across several lines of business for both insurance and facultative reinsurance including:
- Property: commercial property, industrial special risks and business interruption.
- Casualty & Liability: comprehensive general liability, products liability, products recall, financial loss, cyber risks.
- Marine: marine hull and cargo, stock throughput, port & terminals liability, offshore energy.
- Specialty: personal accident, terrorism, political violence, (onshore) energy & mining, construction power & infrastructure.
As global insurance markets harden, and underwriters look to tighten up wordings in a time of change, the role of the wordings specialist is evolving. In a service business, Aon constantly strives to anticipate the rapidly changing needs of its clients and develop new and optimal solutions to meet those needs. Aon's Asia Technical Team has a vital role supporting Aon's future business growth in Asia, new product development and client service. Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be willing to assume responsibility and support teamwork across different business groups and in-country operations in Asia. It is a role that we believe the candidate can grow into as they develop their existing insurance knowledge and the ability to apply it. The role offers opportunities to move ahead and develop a career path based in Singapore. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Managing an existing pipeline of work, ad hoc queries and larger projects involving drafting, reviewing, comparing and advising on insurance policy terms, enhancements and endorsements.
- Supporting frontline brokers to provide "real time" guidance on coverage issues and advice on appropriate risk transfer solutions.
- Help differentiate Aon as an expertise firm who clients engage as the "smartest kid on the block", to give them the best solutions and ideas.
- Developing "best-in-class" insurance terms, slip standardization and product development.
- Attending broker, carrier and client meetings to provide guidance and expertise on specific coverage aspects.
- Advising sales and account managers on coverage and products issues to help target new prospects and develop and existing client relationships.
- Thought leadership on policy wordings, risk factors and market trends.
- Researching potential coverage issues and producing guidance materials and resources.
- Providing technical insurance training for brokers and clients.
- First line support for insurance-related contract matters, acting as an interface between brokers and Aon's in-house legal and compliance teams.
How to Apply
- Bachelor's degree in a suitable discipline, or relevant insurance / legal qualifications, is prefered.
- 5-8 years relevant industry experience gained in an insurance, reinsurance or law firm.
- Excellent contract drafting skills, with specific experience advising on policy wordings and coverage issues.
- Enthusiastic about insurance and genuinely interested in the insurance business, products and our clients.
- A commercial attitude towards insurance products and their value to Aon's clients
- Policy and reinsurance contract drafting experience, and the ability to draft in a modern and commercial style
- Confidence to facilitate complex discussions
- Adaptability to work on a range of different wordings and support brokers in a \"user-friendly\" manner.
- Ability to take ownership of a full pipeline of work and manage multiple competing priorities.
- Confidence to facilitate complex discussions.
- Attention to detail and able to see the "big picture".
- An inquisitive mind and problem-solver who reliably sets and meets high standards.
- Sureness in dealing with colleagues, clients and carriers across all phases of the risk transfer cycle.
- Commitment to continuing professional growth and expanding your existing technical insurance knowledge and skills.
Your opportunity to empower results could start right here. Make your mark and apply online today with a brief covering letter and your resume, sharing relevant achievements for this position. We Offer You
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization. Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience. Aon is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to creating a winning and inclusive culture where everyone feels valued and has opportunities for growth and development.