- Temporary, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 17 Nov 17
Associate Director, Treasury (Contract)
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group operating for over 150 years in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. We've built a successful and sustainable business by playing a fundamental role in economies, helping people and businesses grow and achieve their aspirations. With over 89,000 employees representing 127 nationalities, we value the diversity and unique perspectives amongst our people. We are committed to developing their strengths and enabling them to make a difference to our success by helping them fulfil their potential.
* Design models to calculate and forecast positions and key Treasury, Risk, Regulatory and Balance Sheet Management metrics.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Develop prototype and tactical models in excel.
* Maintain the methodology and design of existing models.
* Support end users running the models.
* Support, as the model SME, the migration of models to strategic platforms.
* Communication with desks to understand user needs, resolve issues and sell the products developed.
* Communication with the policy owners and producers of regulatory and internal risk metrics to understand their processes and to push the business perspective.
* Schedule and manage workloads for individual projects.
* Provide input into the strategic direction of Treasury platforms and plan projects accordingly.
Qualifications and Skills
* Very good understanding and practical experience in of most of the following:
o Interest Rate Risk - earnings (NII) and value (EVE, PV01)
o Liquidity cashflow mismatch
o LCR and NSFR
o Bank funding
o Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP)
o Liquidity ratios such as LDR, deposit concentration etc
o Liquidity stress testing
o Behavioral models
* Understanding of Bank systems architecture
* Experience working with Technology to develop and support data feeds
* Essential: ALM and Commercial Book products
* Extra: Exposure to trading book products
* Design an automated model
* Use Excel VBA to build prototypes and tactical models
* Query Bank systems using SQL
Qualifications and Experience
* Degree in Banking, Finance, Economics or numerate discipline.
* Three or more years experience in front or middle office Interest Rate Risk Management, Liquidity Management, Liquidity Risk Management or Treasury.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 14/12/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.