Associate Editor, Oil Markets
This position creates real-time content and analysis of the regional Asian oil markets as part of the global Platts oil team. The Impact:
You will play a critical role in maintaining Platts' high journalistic standards as you produce well-written analysis of oil markets supply and demand dynamics that meets Platts editorial guidelines. The Career Opportunity:
You will create analysis and other content about short- and long-term oil market trends. The Team / The Business:
You will be in regular contact with the oil team manager in Singapore, along with other regional news and markets teams. The global teams work closely together in what can be a fast-paced environment. Your Skills:
2 to 5 years of reporting/writing experience, preferably on commodity markets; good communication skills; ability to manage multiple deadlines; and strong English language skills. Our Hiring Manager says:
"This is a key role in covering the dynamic and diverse regional oil markets in Asia. These are exciting times and the position offers the ability to be on the frontlines of developing critical news and assessments for our subscribers." Responsibilities:
- Writes daily oil news and market analysis for Platts' real-time alert services, websites and daily publications. That may include analyzing data and reporting on company and industry events.
- Produces regular well-written enterprise stories for various Platts publications. Expands depth of stories through research. Develops thorough line of questioning. Follows news strategy guidelines on readership needs.
- Establishes, maintains and nurtures key sources and maintains a source list that can be shared and leveraged across the organization.
- Develops knowledge of beat and related companies/market benchmarks. Develops diverse information sources (including documents; third tier sources etc) and a strong ability to interpret information from various documents.
S&P Global Platts
- BA degree or equivalent and approximately 2-5 years of writing/editing experience; or a graduate in journalism, business, economics or finance, with 2 years of reporting and writing experience.
- Well-rounded communication skills. Works well in a team environment, focusing on collaboration.
- Has good research and analytical capabilities, with the capability of locating and interpreting a variety of information, and is comfortable mining and analyzing data.
- Possesses basic computer and keyboarding skills including a basic understanding of Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Multilingual capabilities a plus.
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law .
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), EDTGRP202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
257999 Posted On: