Associate Engineer (#TeSA)
Singtel, Asia's leading communications technology group, provides an extensive range of telecommunications and digital services to millions of consumers and businesses across Asia, Australia, Africa and the USA. With over 140 years of innovation behind us, we continue to push boundaries in our networks and services, to enrich lives and transform businesses.
Our core values - Customer Focus, Challenger Spirit, Teamwork, Integrity, and Personal Excellence - shape the way we work. We are passionate about making a difference and have an open and inclusive culture where everyone is empowered to do their best. Our diverse business means you will enjoy unique opportunities and rewarding experiences to learn and grow your career in a dynamic industry.
Join us and experience what it's like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let's create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020
Singtel is Asia's leading communications technology group, providing a portfolio of services from next-generation communication, technology services to infotainment to both consumers and businesses.
We are a major communications player in Asia Pacific through our strategic investments in regional mobile operators, Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines), Advanced Info Service (Thailand) and Bharti Airtel (India), which has significant presence in Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Africa.
This job role is supported by the structured development programme for mid-career professionals under the TechSkills Accelerator (TeSA) initiative, led by Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) in partnership with SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) and Workforce Singapore (WSG).
The programme aims to provide Singaporeans aged 40 and above with a tech-related job while being reskilled or upskilled. Mid-career professionals will have the assurance of being employed in a paid job while attending structured Company-Led Training for in-demand tech skills. They will also gain experience in a tech role to tap into the good careers that the infocomm sector offers.
For more information on the programme, please visit www.imtalent.sg/TeSAMidCareer Responsibilities:
- Plan new replacement pipeline and cable (copper, optical fibre) network projects for the diversion of existing pipeline and cable network including MDF, if any, affected by construction works of third parties or MDF demolitions due to En-bloc re-development.
- Plan partial or complete recovery of existing copper cables that are not in use in the network when necessary.
- Liaise with Architects, Engineering Consultants, Building Developers and relevant Authorities / Service Departments (Government and Statutory Boards) related to planning for diversion requirements and work out the diversion quotations.
- Manage and control pipeline and cables projects planning and implementation progress to ensure projects are implemented according to plan and schedule.
- Prepare project costing and carry out proper documentation and records filing.
- Diploma in Engineering, preferable in Telecommunication, Info-communications Technology or its equivalent.
- At least 10 year working experience in the Telecommunication industry.
- Those with class 3 driving license will have added advantage.
- Thiis programme is open only to Singaporeans.
To all recruitment agencies: Singtel Group does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Singtel Group employees or any other company location. Singtel Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
We believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.