Associate, Financial Crime Governance & Control
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 13 Jul 18 2018-07-13
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good.
We have an opportunity for Associate, Financial Crime Governance & Control, Banks & Broker Dealers
The Role Responsibilities
This role supports the Governance and Control Lead, Group Banks and Broker Dealers in managing regulatory engagement, committee governance and driving the team's tracking and reporting process for the Correspondent Banking Business. This role requires proactive engagement with group, regional and country functions within Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) including Relationship Managers, Transaction Banking and Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) teams.
Key responsibilities include:
* Manage and drive regulatory engagement matters, including coordinating document request, validating submissions and support regulatory presentations
* Drive effective governance through contributions to governance forums and ensuring timely action on assigned action points
* Detailed tracking and reporting of the team's book of work, including objective, milestones and actions related to business-driven initiatives.
* Support core controls processes including on-boarding of Correspondent Banking clients and related CDD/AML reviews
* Review and validate MIS reporting on key processes in ensuring validity and accuracy of information incorporated.
* Maintain infrastructure to ensure appropriate documentation and archival of information.
* Escalate issues to the Line Manager and discuss potential solutions to resolve challenges.
* Proactively engage stakeholders within the Corporate & Institutional Banking business - Relationship Managers, Transaction Banking Sales and FCC functions
Our Ideal Candidate
* Strong knowledge of CDD,KYC and AML requirements for correspondent banking
* Minimum 3-6 years' experience in an audit, advisory or compliance role
* Proficient in Microsoft Office and SharePoint
* A team player comfortable in engaging stakeholders across all levels in the organisation
* Ability to prioritise and deliver high quality work within stipulated timeline
* Independent and self-motivated individual who is willing to take on responsibilities and acquire new skills
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that's free from bias, where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise - here for good. Apply Now...