Franklin Templeton is a leading global investment management organization due to the efforts of our greatest assets - our employees. We have over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world, servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. We believe in our corporate values of putting clients first, building relationships, achieving quality results, and working with integrity. Our people are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. For over 70 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people.
We’re currently looking for a qualified candidate to join our team as an Associate, Regional Product Strategy – Asia Pacific, based in Singapore.
The Global Product Strategy team partners across the organization to deliver competitive investment solutions and compelling insights that meet our clients’ investment needs. The team identifies market trends, opportunities and challenges, recommends product strategy, spearheads and develops new product solutions and pricing, and offers product expertise combining investment and market insight.
The Associate, Regional Product Strategy – Asia Pacific will work to ensure that the organization excels in providing competitive and innovative product solutions that meet the changing needs of our investors by thorough research and product development efforts across retail and institutional channels. The role supports across Asia Pacific business channels in determining product gaps, researching and analyzing new and innovative product ideas, pricing strategies, product positioning and support regional product related initiatives in Asia Pacific.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of this position?
- Evaluate market, regulatory, competitors and investment trends to determine potential implications for Franklin Templeton product ranges; identify and recommend product opportunities within the Asia Pacific and offshore markets, including new, innovative product ideas, changes to existing products, and potential products for merger/closure;
- Identify gaps within existing product range and develop innovative product proposals to capitalize on investment trends and changing client needs; determine product attributes and key features, and establish competitive fee structure for new products;
- With guidance, analyze, evaluate, and research innovative product ideas for senior management consideration and evaluation to further build out product range for locally-domiciled and SICAV funds;
- Deliver presentations and product-related training to distribution and marketing teams. Articulate appropriate competitive positioning for new and existing products within local markets and channels;
- Conduct market competitiveness analysis relative to competitors, identify opportunities, investment trends and recommend product ideas or focuses suitable for clients across retail and institutional markets and other business channels over different market cycles;
- Support the gathering and retention of assets under management by working closely with the Global Product Management team and sales professionals across all distribution channels;
- Support regional business by providing consultative and direct assistance to product-related inquiries (directly or via contact with product managers and others functions in the firm).
What qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- Strong knowledge of distribution channel expertise and client segment knowledge, expertise across multiple channels (e.g. retail and institutional in Asia)
- 3-5 years product initiation or development experience with a financial institution, consulting organization, pension fund, endowment or foundation
- Comprehensive understanding of Asia Pacific industry & regulatory developments, market and product trends
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Excel and other office products required
- Knowledge of data sources for performance, flows and relevant industry competitive information (Morningstar, Lipper, Factset, Bloomberg, MPI, eVestment)
- Self-driven with positive attitude and a team player
- Experience working with cross-functional and multi-channel team
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills. Written and verbal skills in Mandarin language is strongly desired
- CFA (or working toward completion) is preferred
- BA or BS in Finance or Economics desired
What makes Franklin Templeton unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people, and see what it means to say, “I AM Franklin Templeton.”
Franklin Templeton Investments values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.
Please click here to apply with your full resume.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.