Associate, Trade Finance Middle Office
- Oct 07, 2021
Morgan McKinley is working in partnership with a regional Corporate Bank with strong footprints and relationship in the Asia region.
The Singapore team is looking for an Associate to join their pre and post trade services department. You will be expected to execute and manage the Trade Finance transaction independently (covering the products of factoring, receivables finance, forfaiting, guarantees, trade finance refinancing), and also assist in risks analysis and portfolio management, such as monitoring collateral coverage, covenants compliance, daily controls and invoice reconciliation functions, etc.
Role and responsibilities
- Manage the processing of day to day operational activities between Clients, the business and other operational teams to ensure all transactions are properly processed and reported as necessary
- Supervise the handling processing of incoming and outgoing enquiries, instructions, physical documents with clients to fulfil the services level standard
- Control point to ensure all bank and regulatory requirements and objectives are fulfilled during pre-transaction validation and post-transaction monitoring
- Focuses on transaction execution, facilitating enquiries and servicing clients' requests, product development & maintenance, and reporting
- Timely execution of tasks assigned via effective collaboration between teams and branches
- Maintain up to date procedure and actively involved to the process optimization
- Achieve quantitative and qualitative performance objectives of the regional team through joint effort
- Communicate with colleagues across different functions including Corporate & Investment Banking team, Product Specialists, Legal, Risk and Compliance to ensure that the deal flow is being achieved
- Contribute to skills development of colleagues in the region by sharing knowledge, experience and expertise
- Assist in ad hoc projects as assigned
- University degree in finance related disciplines
- Minimum 5 years of experience in banking industry with exposure to trade finance or related middle office / control / operations functions (familiar with factoring/receivables financing products is an advantage)
- Good self-motivation with ability to work independently, under pressure and tight deadlines
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills with strong sense of control and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in PC knowledge including MS Word and Excel
- Good team player
If you are interested in the role and would like to discuss the opportunity further, please click apply now or email Hagen at email@example.com for more information.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days please accept this as notification that you have not been shortlisted.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd, EA License No: 11C5502
Lee Boon Hou (Hagen), Registration No: R1870932