Our private equity client is looking for an Associate with strong strategy experience in financial services in Asia. The incumbent will work alongside the investment teams to source, assess, execute, monitor and exit private equity and debt transactions in financial services sector. They are looking for an individual with solid industry and consulting expertise in the Financial Services industry and a genuine interest in moving into the private equity space. Majority of their investments are in China.
- Investment analysis: Perform quantitative and qualitative due diligence on potential investments on both equity and debt opportunities within the financial services vertical – mainly in Asia but also at times globally.
- Value creation: Lead / support high impact initiatives in our client’s financial services Direct Investment portfolio in Asia.
- Monitoring and valuation: Across the global financial services portfolio of over 50 debt and equity investments, ensure timely, accurate monitoring and managing the reporting of value creation projects in our client’s financial services direct equity lead portfolio.
Other key responsibilities:
- Contribute to pre-acquisition due diligence work-streams
- Work with portfolio company management and investment teams to assess the operational maturity of existing and potential portfolio companies in order to identify areas of improvement
- Contribute to firm-wide development such as business unit's projects and collaboration initiatives across various asset classes in the group’s platform
- Source and meet with management teams of potential investment opportunities; assist in industry research and analysis and preparation of internal investment committee documents
- Support senior team members on various tasks related to product reporting, investment monitoring, marketing and other ad-hoc project work
- Develop and align value creation opportunities with management and take ownership of the initiation, planning, implementation and monitoring of the execution
What is expected:
- Strong academic credentials in any of the following - Business, Finance, Economics, Law
- 3-5 years of relevant international industry experience (candidates with previous experience in advisory, consulting or banking will be valued favourably)
- Demonstrable financial modelling and valuation skills
- Fluent in English and an Asian language, ideally Mandarin as this role involves China coverage
- Excellent interpersonal skills, exceptional verbal and written communication with the ability to engage, motivate and convince others across all levels of seniority
- Strong intellect, entrepreneurial and self-directed individual with demonstrable ability to effectively complete tasks with demanding timelines and competing priorities
- Exceptional working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Bloomberg and Capital IQ