We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
GIC Private Equity (PE)
GIC is a global investment firm and has one of the largest and broadest private equity programmes amongst all institutions. GIC PE invests across the Americas, Europe and the Asia-Pacific in a range of sectors including healthcare, consumer, financial services, TMT, industrials, infrastructure, energy and natural resources. GIC PE also invests through private equity fund managers. GIC PE invests across the capital structure in equity, senior and junior debt, besides investing in secondary PE deals, restructuring & opportunistic credit and special situations. We currently have over 100 active relationships with fund managers and have invested directly in more than 1000 companies globally across multiple sectors.
The Global Investments, Strategy and Risk (GISR)
group is based in Singapore and plays a key role in supporting the Infrastructure Chief Investment Officer (CIO), Private Equity CIO and senior management as they evaluate investments, develop investment strategy, and define the role of Infrastructure and PE within the broader GIC portfolio. The GISR team is comprised of a diverse range of nationalities and backgrounds, including individuals with prior experience in investment banking, consulting, operations and private equity investing.
We are looking for an Associate/AVP to join the team in a PE Technology focused role. The role provides a unique opportunity to help shape the composition of and the outlook for one of the largest private equity portfolios globally. The candidate will support senior colleagues in deal evaluation as well as on strategy and risk projects.
The role will involve:
• Deal evaluation - work with deal teams across multiple geographies to support diligence, underwriting and develop an independent assessment of each investment for the CIO and the Investment Advisory Committee.
• Strategy and risk - support GISR's work in developing the private equity investment strategy and commitment targets. Investment strategy also involves working with investment teams and the CIO on portfolio construction, sector strategy, and performance management & measurement. GISR also works with the asset allocation team in GIC to determine the size of each private strategy, define the appropriate risk guidelines, and determine the cost of capital
• Focus on technology - we are seeking individuals who have interest and experience reviewing technology-related deals, particularly in Asia. Areas of interest can include consumer technology, software, advanced technologies and crypto.
• 2-7 years of investment banking, private equity or consulting experience
• Positive work attitude, high energy candidates with drive, initiative and intellectual curiosity
• Ability to work effectively with different stakeholders and demonstrate maturity and integrity to interact confidently with senior colleagues
• Well-developed skills in financial modelling, valuation, research and deal assessment
• Good presentation and writing skills
• Familiarity and experience working in Asia markets would be a plus, particularly China and Hong Kong