- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 20 Jul 18 2018-07-20
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - Here For Good.
We are currently looking for a candidate with a bright mind and big ambitions to provide assurance on a portfolio of information and cyber security programmes across the Bank.
The ICS TRP brings together all material ICS improvement activities. The portfolio will prioritize ICS investments to maximise risk reduction and capability improvement, while meeting compliance obligations and minimising client impact. The portfolio provides a single end-to-end view of investment and improvement activities with regular tracking and reporting. The Portfolio will provide assurance internally and externally.
This is a new role and will report directly to the Head of Assurance, Information and Cyber Security ("ICS") Transformation and Remediation Portfolio ("TRP"). The primary purpose of the role is to safeguard delivery, and help the AE and Portfolio Director to establish early on the conditions for success in order to optimise benefits realisation.
The Assurance Director will support the establishment and execution of portfolio objectives, strategy and prioritisation frameworks and regularly assess suitability on an ongoing basis. Providing high quality assurance, advice or support they will advocate and impart lessons and good practice to shape the design and implementation of major change initiatives and to help the business optimise outcomes from that activity. Regular outputs will be presented to the AE and the ICS Portfolio Review Committee.
Supporting Strategic Delivery
Build effective relationships with leaders to facilitate:
* the provision of timely, expert advice and assurance to influence both portfolio and programme set up and success;
* partnerships with other functions to provide professional advice and assurance
* Support stakeholders in defining remediation activities/solutions to address identified issues
Providing Expert Assurance
* Independently assess capabilities of AEs, Programme Directors and delivery partners across the project lifecycles including in the areas of data, testing, build and deployment.
* Shape the design and delivery of major projects and change initiatives through timely, expert assurance and advice, particularly in the key set-up and implementation phases in order to achieve agreed business outcomes.
* Act as an advocate of good practice and 'critical friend' to support sponsors and project leaders in developing benefits-led plans, anticipating and mitigating key risks, and ensuring effective decision-making and issue resolution.
* Ensure assurance and approval is fully integrated and planned; commission or deliver impartial programme reviews to provide stakeholders with confidence in their deliverability
* Provide expert outcome confidence assessment on an ongoing basis, in direct contact with the project, through executive reporting and as part of specified approval gates.
* Assess the effectiveness of Steering Committees including the diligence and effectiveness of Programme Steering Committees within the portfolio.
Developing Capability and Supporting Success
* Facilitate the learning from previous project experience by identifying and communicating transferable lessons, helping to embed these lessons, and encouraging best practice.
* Support liaison with GIA and any regulatory inspections as required. Provide coordination and process management.
* Assure the delivery of ICS TRP is in line with the Group's Portfolio, Programme and Project Management Policy and Standards, the System Development Framework and other applicable standards applicable to investment delivered change.
* Establish portfolio level and programme level assurance capabilities to assure quality and predictability of programme delivery.
Business, Functions and Regions
* Provide robust challenge to senior management and all relevant business/function/region stakeholders to ensure activities are in line with ICS TRP objectives and commitments.
Processes and Alignment
* As part of the TOM development and implementation, assure the implementation of the operating model within the Groups' Process Universe and ERMF.
* Strong background in Project Management and/or Project Assurance experience within international financial services organisations.
* Professional auditors or practitioners from the business, with well-developed core audit / business skills.
* Strong knowledge of the businesses, markets and operations of Standard Chartered Bank and relevant policies, procedures, and processes
* Excellent organisation and leadership skills with ability to manage multiple deadlines and effectively prioritise
* Strong interpersonal skills to foster positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders at appropriate level ensuring open cooperative environment
* Experience of influencing relevant stakeholders and decision makers, and executing decisions efficiently and consistently
* Ability to exercise good judgment and objectivity.
* Demonstrates ability to work with limited direction and multi-task without loss of quality.
* Highly effective oral and written communication skills.