About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking an Audit Management Senior Manager in APAC who will be part of the global Commercial Banking and Corporate & Investment Banking Audit team. In this role, you will:
Be responsible for building strong working relationships with key internal stakeholders including senior executive leadership across first and second line functions. Additionally, this person may interact with regulators in multiple jurisdictions (regional and US) to describe audit coverage and results. The person we seek will have outstanding communication skills, strong executive presence, and the proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships with key business partners and regulators.
The Commercial Banking and Corporate & Investment Banking (CB/CIB) Audit team audits the following businesses: Middle Market Banking, Commercial Capital, Global Treasury Management, Investment Banking, Sales and Trading, Commercial Real Estate, International (activities outside the US), Control Executive, and Chief of Staff. In addition to coverage of these revenue and control function areas, the team in APAC is responsible for providing regional co-ordination and facilitation across first and second line areas impacting APAC and associated legal entities. This includes prescribed regulatory responsibilities under relevant Individual Accountability Regimes, as well as regional governance reporting requirements to Legal Entity Boards and Management Committees.
We are filling an Audit Management Senior Manager (ASM) position in Singapore who will have audit coverage responsibility within CB/CIB lines of business, regional governance, front line and second line programs. This ASM will be responsible for directly supporting the APAC Audit Management Director in developing an audit plan and approach, perform review and supervision of audit work execution and ensure audit engagements are completed with high standards of quality. The person we seek will work with senior level Audit leaders globally (including EMEA and the US) to ensure high quality coverage. Specific Duties:
The ASM supervises integrated audit projects and provides guidance and oversight for the teams and engagements and may act as a subject matter expert in a consulting capacity. Audit Management Senior Managers demonstrate depth and breadth of knowledge that includes technology, operational, financial, and regulatory understanding across multiple businesses and may develop knowledge in a critical subject matter area. Responsibilities include:
- Accountable for assessing associated risks and controls and completing engagements within their segment of the audit plan.
- Responsible for resource management and assisting broader team in overall audit plan completion.
- Provides timely feedback, coaching, and monitoring of development plans.
- Builds and maintains a proficient team of auditors.
- Identify and evaluate existing and emerging risks, understand impacts to the audit plan, and implement appropriate adjustments to the audit plan that meet the heightened expectations of the group Internal Audit function, the Board of Directors, and regulators
- Plan and organize work in an annual cycle
- Ensure audit engagements are risk-based and executed according to Internal Audit policies and guidance.
- Influence audit universe and engagement scope decisions of relevant Internal Audit teams to ensure robust coverage.
- Lead audit teams in the planning and execution of high risk and complex assurance and/or project audits spanning across multiple disciplines. Support scheduling activities across Internal Audit groups to ensure efficient use of global resources.
- Interact with APAC, US and EMEA Internal Audit personnel to fulfill regulatory requests.
- Influence and provide credible challenge across multiple levels of management in the organization.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with leadership across Wells Fargo and other stakeholders, such as regulatory agencies.
- Represent Internal Audit in governance forums.
- Ensure timely and quality monitoring and validation of regulatory and non-regulatory issues.
The ASM will also be expected to participate in strategic and tactical projects with personnel located in APAC, EMEA and the US. To this effect, the ideal candidate must exhibit strong project management skills, resourcefulness, and cross-cultural awareness. Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in Audit, Risk, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Management experience
- Experience at a global financial institution or accounting firm.
- A BS/BA degree or higher.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of audit or risk methodologies and supporting tools.
- Certification in one or more of the following: ACA, ACCA, CPA, CAMS, CRCM, CIA, CISA.
- Leadership experience for professional auditors, risk management, or project leadership professionals.
- Strong understanding of financial regulatory environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, multitasking, and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important.
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand environment while balancing multiple priorities.
- Solid problem solving skills.
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
We Value Diversity
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.