Backend Software Engineer, Chat Microservices #SGUnitedTraineeships
As a participating host organization of SGUnited Traineeships Programme, Zendesk is offering traineeship opportunities for driven individuals to join the Chat Microservices Team.
The team focuses on delivering the best experience for our largest customers. Zendesk’s enterprise customer base grows fast and you will be as proud as we are to serve the best companies in the world.
With a product initially built and designed for small and mid-market businesses, Zendesk is now bringing Chat to the Enterprise market by:
- Redesigning Chat features to better suit large organizations with complex staffing models and high expectations in reporting accuracy and freshness.
- Rethinking Chat backend technical architecture to support large teams of customer support agents, huge volumes of end users and a record amount of concurrent chat conversations.
What you get to do every day
- contribute to designing new backend architecture models to bring the Chat platform to the next level,
- collaborate with the Group Technical Lead to provide technical insights and early estimates on upcoming projects,
- build proofs-of-concept to experiment and validate exploratory designs,
- ensure scalability, performance, maintainability and security of the technical platform in collaboration with Ops teams,
- actively participate in full-stack coding, reviewing pull requests and testing,
- load test proposed changes at scale,
- iterate and rollout architecture improvements to the Zendesk Chat platform,
- contribute to better working practices across Zendesk.
You will have the opportunity to design and develop components in Java or Python, using data-processing services such as Apache Kafka, Redis, AWS services, under high-traffic with low-latency requirements.
How you will make a difference
- Proven knowledge in Java or Python.
- You show a mature and pragmatic approach when choosing technologies.
- You have strong communication skills: you raise your voice when needed and listen to others.
- You put the customer first and respect your commitment to deliver.
- Personal projects, collaboration to open-source community or active learning initiatives would be a good sign of your passion to learn and solve problems.
builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk
products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth.
More than 150,000 paid customer accounts in over 150 countries and territories use Zendesk
products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk
has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.