- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 17 Sep 17
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group committed to building a successful and sustainable future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve. With 1,700 branches and offices in 68 markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities to over 89,000 employees.
- This role works within the Client Lifecycle Design and Management (CLDM) Delivery team to support delivery of a quality service to our clients and achieve regulatory compliance across the end-to-end client lifecycle, including coverage of AML, KYC, Tax, OTC reform and FM regulations
- Provide Business Analysis and Design expertise to deliver Client Lifecycle Management (CLM) and Client Due Diligence (CDD) change initiatives
- Identify and detail related business requirements
- Documentation of relevant analysis artifacts as required by project governance
- Support functional design, testing and deployment of change initiatives
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop a detailed understanding of all areas of the Group CDD and Regulatory Policy and Procedures
- Lead requirements gathering and produce analysis artifacts to drive change initiatives: TOM, process maps and Business Requirements Documents (BRDs)
- Review the functional specifications (FSDs) or process improvement suggestions developed, to ensure they capture the business requirements accurately
- Identify enhancements to improve business processes/efficiency and/or reduce risk in line with Group Policy and Procedure, while understanding and translating the Group L&C and FCC driven requirements into Front line user requirements
- Assist with the roll-out of improved processes and practices, including User Acceptance Testing (UAT), User Verification Test (UVT, as part of Project go live, and BAU Change deployment
- Manage and engage key stakeholders across client facing divisions, Legal and Compliance and Financial Crime Risk, etc
- Lead relevant Working Groups
- Occasional need to work on weekends to support testing and go live activities
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree qualified with at least 3-4 years of relevant experience as a Business Analyst on a relevant project
- Weighs up benefits of short term tactical and long term strategic options to ensure solutions are delivered to the appropriate scale, scope and timing
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment and the ongoing developments
- Process, commercial and operational awareness needed to develop appropriate solutions.
- Ability to take initiative, identify opportunities and work with minimal management oversight
- Interpersonal skills in networking, influencing and decision taking
- Subject matter expertise in CDD and CLM system and process
- Strong communication skills - oral, written and presentation
- Knowledge of CIB, CB and BB business segments, client types and product offerings
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 13/10/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.