- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good.
Who are we and what do we do?
Sitting within the Global Banking Chief Operating Office (GB COO) function, part of the Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) division, the Client Engagement Effectiveness (CEE) team is responsible for defining, validating, and ultimately delivering process and/or system changes that aims to improve and support front line client engagement activities through 3 core platforms:
- WorkBench - Client Relationship Management (CRM), Deal Management, and Client Analytics Platform
- Client Portal - Client onboarding initiation (document upload/ contacts management) Platform
- iCDMS - Corporate clients' documentation repository
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as a Product Owner/ Business Analyst to work across the CEE platforms but primarily to cover business analysis activities across the Workbench modules. WorkBench is a core frontline platform that has ~13,000 users, it was first launched in 2012 and is now the central tool used by the Client Coverage and Product Sales teams in a range of CRM processes (for example Account Planning, Contact Management, Call Reports, etc), Deal Management (i.e. Deal Pipeline, Capital Allocation forms, Conflicts Management, etc) and Client Analytics. The platform supports stakeholders across Corporate and Institutional Banking and Commercial Banking segments, with product groups Lending, Transaction Banking, Financial Markets, Corporate Finance, Capital Markets and Retail Banking Corporate Partnerships.
What are the roles and responsibilities?
- Solicit, validate and document business requirements through clear understanding of AS-IS vs. TO-BE process that outlines clear business benefits
- Conduct requirements workshop sessions with multiple user groups/ stakeholders
- Manage common/conflicting requirements across Stakeholders to arrive at a common ground
- Be the "translator" between business and technology ensuring system solution/changes proposed will meet business requirements
- Define and facilitate User Acceptance Testing with multiple user groups/stakeholders across global markets
- Support business change readiness through training sessions/ user guides and drive adoption of new features/functionalities to realize business benefits - including both business stakeholders/user groups and support teams where required
- Provide day-to-day support to Delivery Manager where required
- Support transition to target state Agile Delivery Framework across business and IT organizations that support WorkBench deliverables
What is needed to succeed in this role?
- Agile Product owner certification and experience
- Knowledge of CRM Workbench across a range of wholesale banking products
- Understanding of wholesale banking products, processes and an appreciation of the role of RM's, Product Sales partners' and their needs
- Proven track record of working as a business analyst on complex projects - including system/ process change
- Strong analytical skills with ability to deep dive to drive solutions - methodical and thorough
- Proven ability to take a step back and look at the macro view to connect the dots between requirements
- Strong stakeholder management skills in handling both senior stakeholders (band 4 and above), and at the same time across segments/product areas
- Proven ability to perform under a high pressure and dynamic environment
- Able to present to large audience with comfort
- Experienced in transitioning from Waterfall to Agile, guiding inexperienced scrum teams as product owner
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal management oversight
- Ability to work with cross functional teams across business and technology
- Certified Scrum Product Owner certification would be an added advantage
If you're a bright mind with big ambitions, we'll actively encourage you to fulfil your potential. Thanks to our rich and varied international footprint, we can offer exciting opportunities working across different countries and cultures.