- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 20 Jan 19
Business Analyst-Banking Domain
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The purpose of the role is to provide Business Analysis and Project Management to the Financial Markets Technology group, focusing on MiIFD II Best Execution Reporting. The joiner will join a high performing Programme team working on the various MiFID II obligations for Standard Chartered Bank, and particularly in fulfilling the Bank's obligations for Best Execution (BEx) Reporting. The role will also involve working closely with other Technology teams, Vendor teams, Testing Teams, Front office business users etc. The initial assignments involve data analysis to cover the BEx Reporting requirements for the FX products, and will extend to cover other products and asset classes in due course.
The job purpose consist in:
- Building strong, effective relationships with both the business and Collaborating with front office stakeholders to gather requirements, solve business problems by proposing relevant, innovative solutions.
- Working with in-house development teams and vendor teams to deliver technology deliverables applying agile development methodologies.
- Delivering functional consistency across the various projects by influencing technology architecture and design decisions
- Translating and documenting business requirements
- Working across asset classes FX, Rates, Credit and Commodities (both structured and flow)
- Understand requirements and translate into quality technology solutions
- Pro-actively engage, manage and build strong relationships with both business and technology stakeholders
- Take ownership of technology deliveries from high level requirement through development, testing and deployment
- Translate solutions into detailed, unambiguous, business and functional requirements
- Provide on-going support to the technology teams as required e.g. authoring / reviewing test cases, closing out open issues / questions, managing change request process etc.
- Identify risks and issues early, plan mitigating steps and communicate these to stakeholders in a timely manner
- Work closely with business sponsors, project and programme managers to ensure all stakeholders are fully engaged and expectations managed
- Delivery focused, committing to specific tasks and ensuring these and the overall projects deadlines are met
Specific responsibilities for the Role include
- Develop data maps and processes and controls to source the data required for BEx Reporting under RTS 27 and 28 and ensure this data is available to the vendor solutions for producing the reports.
- Drive the testing of the data sourcing as well as the reports to ensure that the MiFID II BEx Reporting requirements are correctly met.
- Obtain acceptance of the developed reports and controls from the key stakeholders
- Prepare and review policies, standards and processes to ensure that the designed reports can continue to be produced in a BAU fashion
- Act as the subject matter expert for issues and questions from teams across the bank (globally) related to BEx Reporting
- Assist in enforcement of project deadlines, schedules, and methodologies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have good product knowledge in at least two asset classes - FX, Credit, Commodities, and a good understanding of the Transaction lifecycle
- Must have a good understanding of data concepts, as well as XML technologies
- Ability to understand complex data sets and interpret them in a form which can be understood and actioned by the stakeholders
- Experience with STP interfaces or file / feed based data transmission will be beneficial
- Understanding of MiFID II or experience in a regulatory project will be beneficial
- Ability to accurately translate and document business needs into functional requirements and produce quality documentation; ability and experience to take ownership of business requirements and manage them through to delivery.
- Proven ability to work across business streams, exposure to front to back system implementations
- Agile methodology experience
- Ability to work proactively, independently and display strong initiative, with a strong problem solving and analytical skills with a troubleshooting mindset
- Technical background would be important
- Displays personal authority, integrity and ethics. Multicultural awareness.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to negotiate, compromise and demonstrate diplomacy in sensitive situations across diverse cultures; must be articulate and composed when delivering difficult messages to stakeholders, with an excellent standard of English (written and spoken)
- Strong facilitation skills and an ability to bring diverse teams together to work to solve common problems
- Striving to deliver highest quality; must be able to anticipate and prevent quality issues before they occur as well as quickly identify and react to inconsistencies and quality issues if they occur
- Ability to set up and deliver data-driven, transparent, and continuous status reporting; experience with agile product/service delivery
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, delivering on time in expected quality.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.