About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate Business Domain Knowledge
- Facilitate communication between the business stakeholders and development team
- Communication with other IT teams (interfaces, data modelling, support)
- Capture and document user requirements and system specifications in JIRA and Confluence
- Produce design proposals based on user requirements and in line with architecture guidelines
- Analysis of current system behaviour to help validate completeness of requirements
- Recommend priorities and advise on options highlighting risk and cost/benefit of proposed options
- Coordinate and contribute to architecture reviews
- Review implementation of the user stories as a part of development process
- Assist with test strategy review and guidance
Business/Technical Analysis Skills
- Counterparty Credit Risk (PFE, EE, EEPE etc) or related domain
- Derivative products
- BCBS 239 principles
- Effective communication
- Translate between business language and IT
- Elicit, organize and document user requirements; work using Agile practices
- Requirement verification with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to produce strawman proposals to lead requirements discussions with ability to challenge users' requirements
- Strong analytical skills with ability to see the bigger picture
- Understand and communicate complex concepts
- Work effectively with geographically distributed team
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent work items effectively
- Ability to influence other technology stakeholders
- Strong experience in agile development methodologies
- Strong data modelling skills
- Prior experience with Java
- Experience in the following technologies:
- OLAP: ActivePivot, MDX, XMLA
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Experience in business analysis.
- Must have had hands-on software design & development experience
- Experience with enterprise scale systems
- Proven ability to work within a team environment
- Highly effective verbal and written English communication skills
- Ability to make good / sound decisions and use independent judgement
- Strong reasoning, analytical and inter-personal skills
- Excellent attention to detail and time management
- Great presentation skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.