A fantastic opportunity to join one of the world’s leading insurance companies to deliver a critical regional program that is part of a global initiative.
- World Leading Insurance Company
- Based out of Singapore
- Critical Role with regional responsibility
- As the Business analyst of the future Underwriting platform, this position will work in collaboration with the Regional Underwriting Operations and IT teams to lead, guide and support the team who:
- Gathers requirements
- Develops user stories and acceptance criteria
- Gathers, manages, and prioritizes the product backlog
- Performs testing
- Work in close collaboration with the development team and other key stakeholders.
- Maintain appropriate technical product knowledge and functional expertise to represent the global user group and to maximize the value of the delivered product.
- Track progress and accountability for all versioning and releases to meet agreed business objectives.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of regional underwriting standards and governance procedures, including but not limited to:
- The end to end underwriting related process, risk controls and systems to support all business lines
- Compliance with relevant global and local regulations (e.g., OFAC, SOX, Data Privacy etc.) that impact the underwriting process
- Individual Underwriting Authority Limits, parameters and system controls
- Oversee and confirm the business requirements and development needs for the future global underwriting platform are met. Collaborate with global peers, regional and local underwriting heads and their teams to ensure their needs and requests are triaged, prioritized and delivered in a consistent and coordinated manner.
- Proactively drive programs to address appropriate data, process risk controls and systems improvements.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related work experience.
- 7+ years reinsurance experience encompassing hands-on production/ case underwriting experience, technical underwriting, quality assurance and/or supporting technology development.
- Broad knowledge of underwriting both mortality and non-mortality business in several international markets.
- Experience with Agile development methods.