Business Analyst - Credit Origination
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
As a member of an Agile Delivery team, your role will be to support the Product Owner in engaging business stakeholders, eliciting great requirements, creating detailed user stories, calculating business value of Product Backlog items, and also assist the team in areas of analysis, CI (Continuous Improvement), UX (User experience) and QA (Quality Assurance).
- Continuously engages with the Product Owner, the Delivery Team and applicable business stakeholders (e.g. Legal, Compliance) to gather and verify requirements, exchange feedback, align product expectations and resolve issues.
- Collaborates with Delivery Team, Product Owner, Programme Owner and Delivery Owner to define Minimal Viable Product (MVP) based on business requirements and business value.
- Creates User Stories in Product Backlog (based on programme vision) in close alignment with Product Owner and defines Acceptance Criteria in close alignment with Delivery Team.
- Helps the Product Owner to ensure that the Product Backlog is visible, clear and understood.
- Participates in Backlog Refinement and Sprint Planning, contributing to defining the Sprint Goal, estimating User Stories and ensuring these meet Definition of Ready criteria.
- Participates in Agile ceremonies such as daily team Stand-up, Sprint Demo or Retrospective.
- Supports the team to develop both, Definition of Ready and Done.
- Delivers elements of solution design, including data migration rules, business rules, wireframes
- Is constantly on the lookout for ways to improve monitoring, discover issues and deliver better value to the customer Identifying/Gathering/ Questioning and challenging when necessary/ documenting the interface requirements front to back
- Demonstrates fluency in business processes and process differentiation
- Has an ability to see the unstated requirements, analyse and synthesize/elicit the real requirements, including recognizing patterns and conceptualizing processes
In addition to the agile team responsibilities, we are looking for a people that can:
- Overcome resistance to change by mediating and resolving misconceptions and misunderstandings across stakeholder groups in relation to alignment of business and technical need
- Produce cost-effective and solution designs and options in line with architecture principles
- Build and lead solutions by facilitating design sessions with the team(s) to define options, proposing ideas
- Work with internal and external technology partners to assess scope of changes needed for new projects and devise options, including presenting to senior stakeholders and approval forums, assessing options for appropriateness and drive architectural thinking within the teams
- Technically astute in SQL, Scripting, data analysis and good at advanced Excel/VBA, automated testing (BDD) and Features Files
- Knowledge of database platforms, BI tools and data modelling tools
- Knowledge of industry standard tools like Rational, HP ALM, JIRA, Confluence, Genie, Jenkins
Additional experience in the following areas will be an added advantage
Our Ideal Candidate
- High-performance computing/grid technologies and architecture such as Hadoop/data synapse/coherence
- Experience with Teradata and its underlying FSLDM data model; Exposure to Axiom, MicroStrategy, Tableau and other similar reporting & data visualization tools
- Knowledge of, or experience with, any cloud services and/or working with containerised components on AWS, Open Shift, Stratoscale
The ideal candidate must have proven credentials of delivering in world class engineering teams. With a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, engineering or equivalent discipline, he/she must have relevant experience fulfilling responsibilities similar to the position. The candidate must have a strong grasp on foundational elements of desired core competencies, must be a confident self-starter with ability collaborate and devise solutions. Must model behaviours that facilitate Agile delivery and be willing to learn and constantly improve. Relevant industry certifications are an added plus.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .