Business Analyst - Custody and Clearing
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
A business analyst is required to lead and execute analysis streams across the Custody & Clearing domain for SCB Securities Services Technology. The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate an excellent understanding of securities & FX custody, clearing and settlement processes, and have a proven track record in leading and performing business analysis. The candidate should also have a good understanding of related technology applications which service the domain in addition to operational processes.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Undertake requirements solicitation from stakeholders/end users and turn into well-formed formal requirements
- Perform AS-IS/TO-BE process mapping
- Undertake data analysis as required in order to validate/challenge and refine requirements
- Partner with the wider technology team to ensure solution definition meets requirements and is delivered with accuracy and quality
- Stakeholder management across Sales, Product Management, Technology and Operations
- Adherence to standards mandated by SCB for project analysis and delivery
- Introduce industry best practices, tools, techniques, processes and methodologies which bring clear benefit
- Manage keys risks and issues as they arise with timely escalation when required
· Excellent knowledge of custody, settlements and clearing processes, both technology applications and operational processes is mandatory
· Minimum 7 years BA experience in similar domain/environment, ideally with experience of agile/scrum methodology
· Understanding of overall technology landscape along with the underlying domain functionality will be key
· Working knowledge of TCS Bancs Custody product is desirable, across Settlements & Corporate Actions.
· Experience of strategic change, working with business and technology stakeholders to define and execute operational strategy
· Requirements Analysis
· Consistently captures requirements that are complete & unambiguous.
· Accurately translates business requirements into functionality.
· Consistently identifies future states that address business problems.
· Perform AS-IS/TO-BE process mapping & Manage keys risks and issues as they arise with timely escalation when required
· Analytical Thinking
· Thinks ahead to anticipate potential obstacles and plans a way round them.
· Evaluates how changes in one area will influence other areas.
· Connects ideas together that are not obviously related; looks at things from different angles and adds new insights.
· Analyses complex data to understand the underlying causes and to prioritize actions.
· SQL Knowledge with hands-on experience is desirable
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.