Business Analyst (1 year contract extendable)
- 100K SGD per annum + fringe benefots
- Permanent, Full time
- Allegis Global Solutions
- 22 Jan 18 2018-01-22
The purpose of this role is to lead the work stream dedicated to building the foundations for a Management Information system (MIS) that would enable efficient and in-depth pricing analysis of the balance sheet. This role will be jointly reporting to Treasury-Modelling and Platforms (T-MP) and to Treasury – Balance Sheet Optimization (T-BSO), and will be working closely with Finance, Technology and business partners.
The successful applicant will be performing deep-dive validation of data in balance sheet management systems and recommending appropriate solutions to address identified gaps. He / She will be leading requirement definition and solution validation to automate data flows from various finance systems into a centralized location. He / She will also be involved in user testing to ensure that developed solutions are in accordance with user specifications.
Data Validation and Gap Analysis
- Accountable for the delivery and regular monitoring of a project plan for validation of data, ensuring a properly defined scope, objectives and timelines.
- Responsible for the identification and tracking of data issues through close collaboration with business teams, Finance and Technology.
- In charge of coming up with an optimal remediation plan for each data gap recorded through thorough analysis of the Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) flow between various transaction processing (TP) systems and balance sheet management (BSM) platforms.
- Responsible for the delivery of a business requirement document (BRD) to the strategic BSM project team to ensure that all issues are captured into the data remediation/enhancement work stream for strategic fixes.
Automated data Feeds – Requirement Definition and Solution Validation
- Responsible for the delivery of a BRD to Finance Operations and Transformation team, ensuring all business requirements for data feeds are accurately documented.
- To be the primary contact facing off to Technology, responsible for end-to-end review of proposed solution and project costings, ensuring the solution is in line with business requirements.
- Track all project activities and timelines and effectively communicate these to business stakeholders.
- Minimum 7 years experience in a Business Analyst, Asset Liability Management or Treasury role.
- Strong academic record: Degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Financial Engineering or related field from a well-recognized institution.
- Experience in SQL, data management and ETL processes.
- Prior experience with Balance Sheet Management and MI platforms (Moody’s Analytics, ALM FERMAT, Performance MI, Retail MI, Commercial Banking Cube) and booking platforms (Murex, EBBS, etc.) is an advantage.
- Experience in end-to-end change management from business requirement definition, solution validation, user testing and production roll out
- Excellent capability to use Excel for data analysis and reconciliation.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams, including working across different departments, with strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills to varying levels of management
- Knowledge of bank’s internal processes, organization, systems and infrastructure is preferred.
- VBA / Macro coding skills is an advantage