- Permanent, Full time
- OCBC Bank
- 20 Feb 18
Business Development (Capital Markets and Investment Banking) - Global Financial Institutions
Business Development (Capital Markets and Investment Banking) - Global Financial InstitutionsSpecific roles and responsibilities include:
- In conjunction with RMs in FI and Capital markets team to develop and implement a strategic & tactical plan to target and bring in capital market or private structured deals for each client based on knowledge of clients industry, growth projections, regulatory requirements and funding strategies & objectives.
- Together with RM teams, conduct primary analysis to come up with prospective customer listing and approach.
- Develop and maintain prospective customer listing and pipeline listing including exploring new deal structures or new markets.
- Together with RM teams, explore and develop opportunities to provide other products to customers(corporate finance/advisory, investment banking, etc )
- To market alongside Relationship Managers and Capital Markets specialist , product partners to prospective clients, including coordination of the deal structure and closing sufficient transactions to meet agreed revenue targets.
- Maintain/ share market intelligence on deals and competitors in the market.
- Coaching of RMs in capital markets deal prospecting, marketing and execution.
- Prior experience in client coverage of Financial Institutions (banks, NBFIs) required, especially familiar with the decision making process and the regulatory requirements of FIs.
- Prior working experience in capital markets products especially Bond issuances including good grasp of roles and responsibilities of the overall team for successful deal execution as well as the interaction/roles/ responsibilities with the other banks on the deal and the customer. Willing to roll up the sleeve to work through financials and pricing personally.
- Familiar with selling/structuring products including Lending, Treasury, Debt Capital Markets to FIs.
- Sound understanding of financial markets, relative strength of market players and good contacts in the capital markets space.
- Good people skill - especially ability to relate to senior management within target client organization.
- Good team player, willing to work with various teams on a deal and willing to coach RMs (seniors and Juniors)