Business Development Senior Manager - Global Trade and Receivables Finance
- Permanent, Full time
- 08 Nov 17 2017-11-08
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking to unlock new job opportunities, take a look at the possibilities right on your doorstep here at HSBC.
Global Trade and Receivables Finance comprises over 4,500 people across more than 60 countries, helping suppliers and buyers with their export and import finance needs. Trade is where HSBC began in 1865, when we financed commerce between Europe, North America and Asia.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Business Development Senior Manager.
In this role, you will
- The role holder is responsible to grow the business through New To Bank or New to GTRF clients, assess opportunities within the marketplace and develop growth strategies which match our GTRF offerings against market specific needs.
- They also develop new revenue streams by actively finding identifying new clients and offering innovative GTRF solutions. This will include responsibility for pricing to ensure that the threshold returns are met, reviewing and negotiating the full range of GTRF services together with effecting any cost reduction initiatives required by the Group.
- They are recognized as the GTRF specialist with an ability to display indepth knowledge and understand the risk profile of relevant products and services with the jobholder’s area of responsibility, and act as the representative on opportunities with key clients and deals.
- Drives best practice in lending and risk policies ensuring this remains in line with economic and market practices.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Significant solution providing or structuring experience with good grasp of trade knowledge in the market
- Grow business and develop effective strategies for expanding business for new and existing clients, and identify new opportunities for the bank in the form of new to bank or new to GTRF
- Execute a robust growth plan to target new customers including effective closure of pipeline deals to capture revenue
- Manage pipeline of new customers and follow end to end acquisition and growth process as defined by Business Development Transformation
- Work closely with Business Development colleagues to promote awareness of GTRF products, strategies and competitor information amongst and to other strategic business communities
- Achieve the profitability hurdle rate as defined by Customer Groups
- Support development, direction and delivery of strategic initiatives through detailed call reports, meetings attended, monitoring and management of deal pipeline GTRF modules and the quality of solutions and presentations
- Maintain awareness of the applicable regulatory and business environment: understand audit, tax and legal implications and changes as they affect the customers and the Bank and provide necessary guidance to customers wherever required
- Candidate should have a good client network
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009X5K
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited