- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
- 16 Dec 17
The role is for a Business Manager position in the Management Office of the Global Segment Head for 'UBS Wealth' (the HNW segment for clients typically from CHF 2m ~ 200m Invested Assets). The Management Office team supports the Global Segment Head, who reports for this mandate to the President of UBS Wealth Management. The scope of UBS Wealth includes all UBS Wealth Management locations in APAC, Europe, Switzerland and Latin America.
The mandate of the Management Office is to organize, support and drive the segment agenda for the Global Segment Head, including managing recurring segment governance, helping define and drive strategic projects and to pilot in specific markets, all in partnership with the respective country stakeholders. The Management Office is also responsible to support the Segment Head prepare various updates and presentations for internal stakeholder management, etc.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
As a Business Manager, you will work closely with many colleagues from different functions and locations to deliver the business goals through insightful analysis for action, by designing and facilitating workshops, managing stakeholders at various levels, independently driving your own project portfolio, preparing senior management presentations, etc.
Your experience and skills
Your experience and skills include the following:
• Minimum of 5-10+ years of work experience. Relevant degree or formal business qualification with experience of international financial services in a consulting, business/project management or strategic support role
• Ability to grasp new topics quickly, prioritize, problem-solve (top-down/bottom-up), synthesize findings and propose practical solutions that work in the given context. Numerate and comfortable working through financial analysis and modelling.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• The ability to understand how large corporations, in particular UBS, are organized and make decisions in order to interact with the relevant stakeholders effectively. Ability to build partnerships and strong collaboration with internal clients and functional partners
• Self-motivated and passionate achiever with strong communication skills, including the ability to deal with potentially contentious issues effectively as well as to influence various parties
• Fast learner and comfort with adapting to new, unfamiliar situations quickly. Works autonomously and can be effective with limited direction, at times. Driven, resourceful and dynamic mind-set
• Project management skills: ability to manage a wide range of objectives with conflicting and competing priorities; ability to plan ahead and pre-empt key issues; to drive a process with little supervision
• Prioritization: ability to manage a wide range of stakeholders and objectives with conflicting and competing priorities. Ability to manage a broad task portfolio, under pressure with high resilience and quality standards
• Ability and willingness for long hours
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.