Business Manager, COO - Transaction Banking
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 15 Jul 18 2018-07-15
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good.
- Work directly with the COO for Cash and Digitisation and Client Access and senior leadership to help drive the transformation agenda; identify and lead strategic change initiatives to ensure the business is fit-for-purpose and fit-for-growth
- To help co-ordinate and execute Business Strategy for Cash and DCA, and drive aspects of the change agenda required to execute business strategy. This may include ongoing initiatives, or new projects
- To provide leadership on management, operational delivery and control, and governance around key aspects of the business.
- Enhance the effectiveness of investments in Cash and DCA by stewarding and monitoring an investment portfolio spanning new capabilities and enhancement of existing capabilities
- Deliver critical analyses and recommendations to support decision making for senior management (e.g., TB MG) and governance committees (e.g., PGCs)
- Provide support for the TB COO on strategic initiatives.
- Identify and assist to drive strategic change initiatives to deliver on the risk and control transformation agenda for Cash and Client Access, including but not limited to, defining mitigation approach to critical risks, improving the effectiveness of risk management frameworks, controls, and execution
- Assist in strategy formulation and execution for the business, advising the Business Head and his/her management team. Work with the Business Heads and COO to highlight and resolve trade-offs between competing business investments and agendas.
- Improve communication across business, function and geography by ensuring key messages and initiatives are clear and impact is understood.
- Help to identify interdependencies across initiatives and/or issues for senior management intervention
- Ensure appropriate project governance and delivery by representing the COO office in key project PSGCs and Working Groups as required
- Conceptualize and prepare strategic frameworks, discussion papers and MIS as required to enable strategic planning and improve management reporting.
- Prepare papers with critical analysis, recommendations, and/or updates as requested by the COO or governance committees. Improve effectiveness of communication for change initiatives across business, function and geography.
- Enable effective product governance by helping continually optimise the group and country process
- Other initiatives as required for broader Transaction Banking, on behalf of TB COO.
- TB Chief Operating Officer and his direct/indirect reports
- Global Functional Heads and their direct/indirect reports
- Managers in Operations, Finance, HR and other functions.
- Group Process Owners (GPOs) and Risk Owners (ROs)
- Thought leadership and oversight of effective risk management and control
- Work with key functional stakeholders to drive an aligned change agenda.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strategic mindset with seasoned problem solving and programme management skills
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, across various levels in the organization, in influencing key decisions taken in the business and in support teams.
- Good knowledge of Transaction Banking, particularly Cash Management, Electronic Delivery Channels and Digitisation, with a broad understanding of Corporate / Institutional Banking business and clients (preferred)
- Strong analytical skills and ability to prioritise, make decisions, and work to tight timeframes.
- Good business judgment and strong in operational control and risk assessment.
- Strong communication skills - oral, written and presentation. Sound knowledge of MS-Excel, PPT, and Word.
- High quality delivery of change initiatives
- Impact of change initiatives (programme metrics)
- Others (TBA)
If you're a bright mind with big ambitions and ready for your next move within Standard Chartered, we'll actively encourage you to fulfil your potential. Thanks to our rich and varied international footprint, we can offer exciting opportunities working across different countries and cultures. This application could be your next step...