- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 11 Sep 17
Business Manager, M&A Advisory and Project & Export Finance
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Support Business Heads for Project & Export Finance ("PEF") and M&A Advisory ("M&A") businesses, and the CF COO and CFO in managing these businesses and delivering their strategic agenda. The role involves engagement with the leaders in the businesses, working closely with the CF COO and CFO and their teams, and all relevant support and infrastructure functions to deliver the businesses' agenda.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist Business Heads for PEF and M&A with strategic planning - including development and production of strategy plans and associated research, analysis and presentation.
- Prepare and update strategies, business plans and presentations for specific business initiatives
- Facilitate communication of performance, current business issues, future operating model and change agenda with key stakeholders
- Coordinate marketing and client initiatives for PEF and M&A and co-ordinate and implement internal and external communications strategy for the businesses with CIB Business Communications. Assist businesses in co-ordination of pitches for various categories of awards where relevant.
- Assist Business Heads for PEF and M&A on their core business management functions
- Organise and co-ordinate regular global and regional business meetings including pipeline calls and other weekly, monthly and quarterly business meetings within PEF and M&A, create agenda and track action plans
- Support the CF Chief Operating Officer and Business Heads for PEF and M&A in driving the change programmes required to execute the business strategy
- Manage and track the progress and implementation of projects, business critical initiatives and product rollouts
- Ensure that operating environment for budgeted new products / businesses is brought on line quickly and efficiently
- Take a lead in driving continuous improvements in the business, i.e. identifying and executing ad hoc improvements to business processes, policies, structure, and roles
- Undertake specific ad hoc projects or initiatives at the request of the CF Chief Operating Officer or Business Heads for PEF and M&A.
- Worked on the creation, development, implementation and maintenance of scorecards across the PEF and M&A businesses.
- Coordinate the regular performance management processes with relevant stakeholders for budgets/ monitoring/ forecasts for revenues, costs, capital, liquidity, headcount approvals etc;
- Work with the CF COO team and the CF CFO team to deliver efficiency improvements in the pipeline reporting and tracking, and revenue forecasting processes.
- Working with Finance, provide support to the Chief Operating Officer of CF and Business Heads for PEF and M&A with analysis that provides a review of performance (revenues, costs, capital), including identification of trends, issues and drivers.
- Assist the CF Chief Operating Officer and Business Heads for PEF and M&A in Talent management, P3 process, learning and talent development initiatives.
- Ensure the My Voice action plan for PEF and M&A are rolled out and delivered.
- Work with the infrastructure & support functions to ensure the operating model for the businesses is fully aligned to CIB standards, including Standard Operating Model(s) where applicable.
- Assist the Business Heads in preparation of papers and submissions for the Corporate Finance PGC, or other global, regional or country governance forums.
- Coordinate the preparation & review of Generic Product Program, Country addenda, TPA as applicable for the businesses.
- Drive awareness in business teams of relevant Product Program, Country addenda, policy and procedure requirements
- Ensure appropriate interaction and engagement between the businesses and the relevant Regional / country governance framework - Regional CIB Heads, Regional COOs, Regional and Country CEOs and CCROs, CORCs, BORFs etc
- Ensure robust control standards, operational risk management and assurance processes are in place, are updated in line with business developments, and are communicated to relevant business units.
- Work with UORMs, SOROs, Risk, Compliance, Assurance and Internal Audit as appropriate to ensure operational risk management and assurance processes are adhered to within the businesses.
- Coordinate internal and external audits and reviews and ensure readiness for all internal and external reviews across all relevant locations. Ensure appropriate management actions are developed and implemented where any deficiencies or breaches are identified, and that action plans are performed by the responsible person(s) identified and tracked to completion.
Qualifications and Skills
- A broad understanding of core banking products offered to CIB clients
- Relevant Investment, Corporate or Commercial Banking experience, in particular a background in Corporate Finance, Global Banking or Commercial Banking, Commercial lending, Wealth Management, Capital Markets, or FM Sales or Structuring.
- Alternatively, a background or experience in Finance, Strategy, Operational Risk, Credit Risk, Assurance, Audit, Legal, Compliance, or Operations.
- Strong interpersonal skills in networking, communication and influencing are likely to be important in a multifunctional and multicultural team environment
- Excellent analytical skills
- A focused individual who is an excellent communicator with good numerical skills, who has the ability to influence others by showing initiative and creativity.
- Ability to identify process and control weaknesses, and opportunities to improve operating procedures, risk management and business infrastructure.
- Project management and/or change management skills would be an advantage
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.