Business Monitoring and Surveillance Officer (Associate/Senior Associate)
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today! General Description
The incumbent is required to assist in the surveillance function to ensure consistency and scalability in Operational & Business Risk Management Department. He/she is responsible to monitor the conduct and behavior of Front Office and Product Management Group staff. The candidate is expected to provide coaching and training to staff being monitored to enable them to meet Policy & Procedure requirements. Responsibilities
- Conduct reviews based on a risk-based program to assess that Front Office and Product Management Group staff meets the regulatory requirements and internal policy requirements, primarily on fair dealing practices, client suitability, sales and dealing practices, staff conduct matters and data loss.
- Maintain internal documentation as evidence for surveillance work done.
- Explain surveillance findings to Front Office and Product Management Group.
- Manage stakeholders' expectations and ensure timely escalation.
- Participate in internal investigation especially relating to matters concerning staff misconduct issues.
- Consolidate and prepare surveillance findings and management reports to Senior Management.
- Collaborate with Front Office and functions within Risk department.
- Engage in Bank's or departmental projects.
- Coordinate internal training for staff including Front Office and Product Management Group.
- Review the framework and methodology to align with the regulatory / market environment.
- Continuous collaboration on the enhancement to the monitoring & surveillance procedures with global offices.
- 2 -5 years of experience in experience in Audit, Risk and Control or Compliance function, preferably in Private Banking environment
- University degree or equivalent from a reputable institution
- Good knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements such as fair dealing practices
- High level of integrity, independent, adaptable and committed with high level of initiative
- Needs to be inquisitive and have strong analytical skills and attention to details
- Strong interpersonal and professional communication skills
- Excellent team and organizational skills working with cross functional stakeholders
- Consummate team player with a positive, pragmatic, flexible and creative approach.
- Proficiency in MS Excel / Access VBA is a plus