Business Project Lead, Trading & Order Management (1 year contract)
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
This is a business project lead
role in Trading & Order Management
responsible for supporting the team head and product owner in driving the development and implementation of a core banking capability to book trades non-stop
in the Bank's core banking platform.
With a clear focus on order management, trading, execution, booking and post trade
processes the role holder will support the Sponsor and product owner to make key management, operational, commercial and financial decisions to drive and deliver the overall business strategy.
Support key transformational project
and overall digital initiatives impacting trading & order management team in partnership with the technology team. Ensure that overall project delivery is effectively managed within defined and agreed service level to drive and support business needs .
The candidate is required to have knowledge and experience in financial products, order management, trading, execution, trade booking processes and systems. Responsibilities
The business project lead
is responsible for a new project to enable T24 non-stop booking for cash equities, payments and FX cash products
by leading business requirements gathering, requirements analysis, designing workflows and business processes in collaboration with dealing desk, front office RM/MA, operations, finance etc. to ensure quality and timely delivery of the project.
The role holder is expected to lead working group sessions for requirements analysis and prioritization, partner with IT and project manager to define the agenda of project steering committee and seek endorsements and decisions.
- Work closely with end users to identify user needs for requirements gathering and elicitation.
- Drive detailed business requirements and their documentation according to Banks's standard project management guidelines.
- Collaborate with Technology BA, technology solution team and software engineers to make sure requirements are well understood.
- Partner with external vendors (as required) to jointly deliver with Technology and project team the roadmap and objectives of the T24 NON-STOP project within scope, timeline and budget.
- Lead UAT planning and coordinate UAT between all user groups to seek sign-off.
- Prepare rollout plan; follows through with operations, front office, COO office and compliance teams on feature rollout & obtain regulatory approvals as required.
- Prepare user training material, support user training, and conduct 1-1 trainings if required to key user council members.
- Experience in managing complex, cross-functional business and technology related projects in banking and financial services.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in any trading system (eg. FINIQ, BloomBerg, ULLINK, TradingScreen, FIS, Murex etc.) and core banking platform Temenos T24 and TAP. Previous business implementation and/or business support experience for equities and equity options (Exchange traded and OTC).
- Knowledge and experience of core banking products, processes, and architecture with focus on securities and derivatives modules / capabilities and post trade processing.
- The candidate ought to have relevant experience in financial products, trading processes and systems from private banks, wealth management or management consulting in driving transformational and/or platform projects.
- A driven self-starter who is delivery focused and possesses strong communication, influencing and presentation skills
- Robust stakeholder management skills and good interpersonal skills. Ability to work confidently and collaboratively with cross-functional stakeholders of varying seniority.
- Well organized with a natural inclination for conceptual thinking, planning strategy and solutioning; able to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills; a bility to work independently, is pragmatic and enjoys high energy levels
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to adapt to complex demands in a diverse culture
- Degree in Business Economics, Finance, Engineering, Computer Science
- Possession of MBA degree, relevant certifications (eg. Agile, Scrum, Project Management, Design Thinking, User Experience) or qualification is advantageous