Business Risk Specialist
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
Hong Kong, Singapore
Do you know how to keep an eye out for and avoid risk? Are you good at working with businesses stakeholders in helping them understand how to manage risks? Do you enjoy working in a diverse and interesting business environment such as the one offered by Investment Platforms and Solutions (IPS)? We're looking for someone like that who can:
– build trusted relationships with business partners to provide advice and help proactively identify, manage and mitigate risks (including business, operational, legal, regulatory, conduct risks)
– support projects across IPS through providing risk related advice and cooperating with the business on risk related inquiries from auditors, regulators or internal stakeholders
– monitor and assess the risk management and control framework for completeness and adequacy, perform controls and operational risk assessments, as well as ensure on-going enhancements flow into the change management process
– assist with executing effective risk governance within IPS APAC through dedicated risk governance forums, in particular the IPS APAC Risk Committee
– partner with control functions to ensure legal and regulatory requirements are observed
– support senior management in discharging their business risk management responsibilities, and work with risk managers and various stakeholders across the organization
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
You'll be working in the IPS Business Risk Organization (BRO) team as part of IPS APAC in Hong Kong or Singapore. The IPS BRO team drives the IPS risk management process, and ensures the offering that IPS provides is sourced, managed and delivered in line with regulatory requirements and UBS Wealth Management's risk appetite. As a member of the IPS BRO team, you will work across various IPS sectors, with the opportunity to specialize in one or more specific sectors over time.
Your experience and skills
– a university degree
– 5+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in Wealth Management or in a Risk or Compliance environment, working with the related topics within the Wealth Management environment, e.g. in a Business, Risk or Regulatory Management, Legal, Compliance or Audit function
– excellent analytical skills and an ability to reduce and manage complexity through a structured approach
– strong interpersonal skills and team player qualities, encompassing an ability to build partnerships
– a commitment to high standards, with a proactive outlook and strong drive to continuously enhance processes and procedures and effect improvements and change
– ability to prioritize and work effectively in a rapidly changing environment with the capacity to proactively anticipate, identify, prevent and resolve issues.
– excellent communication skills in English (both verbal and written); an ability to speak Mandarin would be an advantage facing off to North Asian markets
– advanced skills in MS Office Excel and Powerpoint
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.