Business Risk and Controls Manager
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 30 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description Business Control
The Business Control organization serves as the front line risk management organization of Wells Fargo supporting the CIB and other businesses with risk strategy, implementation, and execution. The team is responsible to identify and assess risks, design and implement controls, and execute and monitor the controls to ensure they are working effectively to manage risk across CIB. Business Control interfaces with Independent Risk Management and Audit to drive comprehensive and consistent implementation of regulatory and corporate risk policies and programs across the lines of business. About this role
This position, Business Risk & Controls Manager - International Business Process Management (BPM) & Business Control Assurance (1st Line of Defense Testing) will be accountable for the front line control responsibilities related to the International Business Process Management (BPM) and Business Control Assurance programs. This position will execute the Risk and Control Activities within the programs in cooperation with business lines within the APAC Region. The Business Risk and Controls Manager may also work with designated lines of business (LOBs) to implement and execute the required risk and controls and help identify, escalate and proactively manage risks in the LOBs. This position will partner with Independent Risk Management and the Integrated Business Process Risk and Control team to ensure proper alignment with program requirements. Specific Responsibilities:
Performs and manages Front Line Responsibilities for the Regional International Business Process Management (BPM) and Business Control Assurance programs as follows:
Other Responsibilities also include:
- Provides input into the business process risk ranking effort to determine whether a process is high, moderate or low ranking.
- Identifies and documents risks, controls and self-assurance activities associated with local business processes.
- Responsible for developing operational and conduct risk assurance plans with senior leaders / control executives.
- Provide leadership to team members, ensuring timely and high quality delivery of front office assurance work across business.
- Executes Risk and Control Self-Assessments (RCSA) to satisfy Enterprise and Regulatory requirements.
- Delivers Legal Entity (LE) Risk and Control Self-Assessments (RCSA), which includes the aggregation of individual RCSA results.
- Remediates RCSA quality assurance and IRM credible challenge findings.
- Collaborates with Business Process Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), International Compliance, International Operational Risk, and the Integrated Business Process Risk and Control teams to deliver RCSA program requirements.
- Provides guidance on the development, implementation, and monitoring of moderately complex business-specific processes to identify, assess, and mitigate risk. Identifies, assesses and aggregates risks. Escalates risks where necessary if risk boundaries or limits are triggered.
- Serves as liaison between Independent Risk Management (IRM) and a Front Line business groups and provides support in the interpretation of policy, guidelines, and governance programs.
- Designs and implements risk mitigation strategies and controls that effectively mitigate risks and appropriately address requirements of applicable statutes, regulations, and risk governance documents.
- Develops and implements risk monitoring and risk reporting processes that align with company-wide risk programs. Monitors and reports on its risk concentration, current and emerging risk, and risk appetite. Aggregates the results of its monitoring efforts (as part of its self-assurance activities reporting routines), evaluates findings, reports on results and escalates where necessary. Designs and executes a control effectiveness assurance program for Front Line-owned controls.
Market Skills and Certifications Required Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in risk management (includes compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, IT systems security, business process management) or 10+ years of financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in risk management; 2+ years of leadership experience
- Management of risk teams
- Knowledge of Business Process Management (BPM)
- Experience with Business Control Assurance, either from 1st/2nd Line of Defense testing or internal audit.
- Experience with Risk and Control Self Assessments (RCSA)
- Proven experience designing, developing, implementing and maintaining effective risk management programs, especially risk controls, within a large complex financial services company.
- Knowledge of global banking regulatory/supervisory frameworks.
•Ability to manage and/or collaborate with geographically dispersed teams, matrixed relationships and interact with all levels of an organization
- Must be a proactive self-starter who values personal accountability and thrives under pressure in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Strong, proactive leadership and ability to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Experience communicating in both written and verbal formats with executive-level leaders
- Ability to analyze data and make connections across various data sets to make recommendations to management and project teams in a timely manner.
- Solid conflict management and decision making skills
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.