Business Solution Manager - Payments
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Drive cohesive strategy with key stakeholders including the product teams by bringing technical expertise and operational design together to ensure commercialisation of Cash management products
- Responsible for the engineering of Cash "Change" initiatives, ranging from new, modification and exit of Cash products
- Support the three client segments - Retail banking, Commercial Banking and Transaction Banking products to achieve financial targets through commercialisation of Cash management products and driving new initiatives in this space
- Actively contribute towards product design, solution options, build & buy choices, investment requests, product programme, RFPs and deal decisions
- Work closely with the Cash TB product stakeholders, Cash business solutions and Build team for delivering solutions aligned to long term product strategy, target architecture and operating model
- Support the Product team towards driving standardization of processes through smart solutions to ensure a scalable operating model is in place
- Design solutions for regulatory needs on global basis for Cash management products
- Establish application interface standards and drive enterprise wide reuse & consistency
- Ensure performance and scale objectives are met
- Interface with support groups, risk management, strategic sourcing group, Architecture and Standards groups, etc to ensure compliance with regulators and adherence to corporate standards and policies
- Participate in workshops with internal /external customers
- Provide technical assistance in identifying, evaluating and developing solutions that are cost effective and meet project requirements.
Delivery, Planning, and Tracking
- Well conversant with JavaEE, Oracle and RDBMS stacks.
- Familiar with emerging technologies - big data, cloud computing, distributed ledger
- Influence designs
- Define & review plans for addressing obsolescence
- Delivering value / benefits defined by the business on time and within agreed constraints whilst adhering to organisational quality standards
- Building and maintaining a product roadmap or plans and schedules accounting for internal and external dependencies
- Facilitating the team to produce estimates and validate externally provided estimates carefully
- Evaluating the impact of any requested scope change or reprioritisation of the backlog and presenting this to the relevant forums for discussion
- Conducting sprint planning, daily stand ups and retrospectives and ensuring that feedback from those is implemented to facilitate continuous improvement
- Maintaining the project and BAU metrics
- Contribute towards prioritizing key investments required to be made for cash management business so that risk environment is controlled
- Proactively manage project related risks and report them to the senior governance committees for timely actions and decisions
- Act quickly and decisively when any risk and control weakness becomes apparent and ensure they are addressed within an appropriate timeframe and escalated through the relevant committees
- Participate in governance fora such as Interface Governance, BPTC, design and architecture related discussions with other engineering and build teams, to ensure a robust framework is embedded in processes and systems.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Respective Cash TB Product Heads
- Respective Cash Ops heads (across cash domains)
- Technology delivery heads
- Group Architecture team
- Interface Teams
The role requires a sound knowledge of
- Payments & Clearing, Liquidity Management & Account Services, Collections, Receivables and Billing in general
- Payment systems trends, payment industry trends, global clearing and SWIFT trends, AML and Sanctions screening trends & policies & solutions
- Latest open systems technology stack, micro services, digital and disruptive technologies such as cloud computing, machine learning, artificial intelligence, distributed ledger, big data, cyber security and java based stack.
- Exposure to / Working knowledge of disruptive technologies such as distributed ledger, big data, cloud computing, machine learning, artificial intelligence
The ideal candidate would have
- At least ten years management experience in a relevant context and fifteen years overall
- Experience in managing an application portfolio in a delivery manager / program manager / solution manager role. PMP or SCM Accreditation would be a plus.
- A degree in a relevant subject or demonstrated ability to deliver the responsibilities required.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and introduce innovations in payment / banking domain.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, with an ability to multitask in a busy environment
- Demonstrated team management skills but also an ability to work productively in teams, building cohesive environments.
- Effective communication skills, both verbally and in written form at all levels of authority
- Good understanding of finances and budgets
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .