Business Systems Consultant - International Customer Due Diligence (HK/SG)
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo Bank
- 14 Feb 18 2018-02-14
The International Customer Due Diligence Business Systems Consultant will provide business systems consulting and industry leadership to the Customer Due Diligence program within International Financial Crimes Risk Team, dedicated to support the APAC region. The position is located in Hong Kong or Singapore.
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
The COO function provides support to the Asia Regional President to create and manage the infrastructure for Wells Fargo’s lines of business operating in Asia Pacific. It is also responsible for managing certain aspects of the company and assists the APAC President in the successful growth of the company.
The COO function provides the leadership and management necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures and systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. The COO function directs, administers and coordinates the internal operational activities of the organization in accordance with policies, goals, and objectives established.
Lead identification and remediation of highly complex issues and defects for the KYC system/ customer due diligence application in support of the Wholesale BSA/AML program and OCC Consent Order, supporting specific LOBs and providing Level 3 production support
• Analyze Wholesale and Enterprise business needs and craft requirements (detailed user stories) to deliver tool functionality in a timely and cost-effective manner, and drive assigned program elements through Software Development Life Cycle including prioritization, documentation, testing, training, deployment, post-implementation checkout, and support.
• Lead cross-functional teams across Wholesale LOBs, Wholesale Business Solutions, Wholesale Banking Technology, Wholesale and Enterprise Risk, Enterprise Marketing, and other departments.
• In consultation with partners, design and implement/support process improvements, to improve speed, efficiency and accuracy of KYC System/ CDD application.
• Work with large data sets, structure and design KYC metrics for reporting to various stakeholders, ensure tracking and monitoring tools are implemented with delivery dates
• Provide direction and guidance to less-experienced staff.
• 10+ years technical experience with business software tools for risk management, preferably with the focus on anti-money laundering
• Proficiency in Powerpoint, Visio, MS Excel, SQL, Access
• Strong experience in the area of data mining, extraction, analysis and organization, and task prioritization.
• Experience and understanding of requirements processes and methodologies, ideally with technical liaison partners
• Knowledge of system design principles, complications and solutions, and must be detailed oriented and highly analytical
• Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with a variety of contacts including mid-level managers.
• Experience with international systems, requirements, data flows, and solutions
• Flexible and self-motivated, with ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to clearly communicate ideas and results to diverse business and technical audiences
• Identifiable communication and presentation skills - both written and verbal
• Knowledge of Asia Pacific jurisdictional KYC regulations
• Ability to take ownership of the task assigned
• The position is located in Hong Kong or Singapore.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.