- Permanent, Full time
- Citibank NA
CBORC Technical Risk Manager
CBORC Technical Risk Manager
- Primary Location: Singapore,Singapore,Singapore
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18028727
- Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
- Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
- Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
- Job Purpose:
- This role will be part of the Consumer Business Operational Risk and Control Organisation reporting to the CBORC Tech Head for APAC/EMEA. The risk manager is responsible for managing a portfolio of risk management programs supporting the APAC and EMEA regions. This role is part of the team managing the business risk profile - identification, management and mitigation including day-to-day, in business activity across the APAC/EMEA regions which encompasses 10 GCB Product Lines, 6 GCT COEs in APAC/EMEA and the GCB Digital Banking Business. The role will support the compliance to Citi's internal policies, processes, and controls and compliance to external regulation while proactively evaluating the existing control environment for enhancement opportunities.
- Applies in-depth level of expertise in consumer banking systems and technology processes and leverages this knowledge to provide advice and work with partners to drive proactive engagement / forward looking risk management on highest risk priorities in an effective and efficient manner.
- Builds strong relationships with first, second and third line of defense for identifying and managing risks for Consumer Business.
- Identifies key risk indicators and works with the business on development and challenges business to ensure the correct measures are implemented.
- Manages or supports key business initiatives/programs such as Records Management and Key Automated Controls and coordinates among business and GCT.
- Manages or supports timely and quality delivery of issues and action plans.
- Leads and performs risk assessments to deep dive into processes, risks and controls.
- Manages Audit/Regulatory engagements including coordination, communications, and required actions with management committees, internal auditors, external auditors, regulators and other internal stakeholders as appropriate. Manages audit activities and supports the business during audits in ensuring the appropriate risks are reported and actions rectify the risks.
- Proactively advances use of data analytics for analysis of control issues and emerging risks.
- Possess forward compatible mindset and embraces changes taking upon oneself to drive enhancements in processes within CBORC Tech region and global.
- Promotes the professional development of self and others in the team. Proactive in sharing among team and takes opportunity to coach junior staff.
- Proposes innovative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control issues with stakeholders.
- Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
Qualifications and Competencies
- BA/BS degree or equivalent. Related certifications (CISA, CISSP, CIA, CPA, ACA, CFA or similar) are a plus.
- Experience in business, functional and/or people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables to stakeholders according to strict timetables.
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding technology application control disciplines and a solid business understanding of consumer banking systems, digital channels and products as well as technology processes relating to development and support of these types of systems.
- Demonstrable knowledge of technology and consumer banking related regulations across multiple countries in Asia Pacific and EMEA.
- Demonstrates managing integrated internal audit and assurance delivery within a matrix reporting environment.
- Demonstrable knowledge of deploying risk assessment techniques using data analytics.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating control issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- Hold high integrity values and demonstrable challenge to stakeholders despite pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of stakeholder management.
- Strong team player who is actively committed to personal development, active team contribution/knowledge sharing and identifying improvement opportunities.