CFS Finance, Expense Management Analyst (1 year contract)
Reporting to the Expense Management Lead, Global Consumer Financial Services, you will play a vital role in managing the expenses within OP targets and supporting the execution of various strategic cost management agendas across CFS. As the 'trusted advisor' to the CFS Business Heads on all expense matters to support the achievement of business and financial goals, your key responsibilities will include:
1. Implementing an effective expense governance framework across business units, tracking of cost performance (including headcount) and managing month end expense accruals.
2. Providing insightful monthly expense management information and analysis to CFS senior management
3. Supporting the deployment of strategic cost initiatives to improve business performance and enhance productivity
4. Identification of risks and opportunities in expenses, and proposing corrective actions to achieve sustainable saves target
5. Tracking business spending on business promotion expenses to ensure that commitments and drawn downs are within approved business proposals and budget
6. Preparation of monthly accrual schedule to ensure that any unpaid contractual liabilities or obligations are being accrued
7. Participate in the Annual Operating Plan cycle, working closely with assigned business unit and BP&A finance counterparts to ensure robust planning and performance management.
1. Broad-based understanding of consumer and wealth management business 2. Good communications skills (written, verbal and interpersonal) to influence senior level executives
3. Results/task orientated with excellent attention to details
4. Strong technical skills (MS Excel, MS Access)
5. Strong data management skills. Experience on simplifying data feeds to summarise business critical drivers
6. Self-starter who takes the initiative to create and deliver enhancements