CIB - Wholesale Payments -Merchant Services - Payment Brand Initiative Execution Manager - Vice President
Who We Are:
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial servicesfirm with assets of $2.7 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is aleader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and smallbusiness, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and assetmanagement. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase& Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of theworld's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients underits J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. isavailable at www.jpmorganchase.com . What it Means To Work Here:
Here, you'll feel welcomed and valued. Our clients, transactions, deals andprojects are global so we work hard to create diverse, inclusive teams thatsupport our business and each other. Learn about our culture at https://careers.jpmorgan.com/global/en/about-us
Payments is a rapidly evolving, high profile space and JP Morgan Chase (NYSE: JPM), as one of industry's largest and most important players, has an enormous opportunity to shape its future. The Payment Network Office is at the nexus of these exciting developments by managing and redefining our firm wide relationships with our network partners.
Merchant Services is the global payment processing business for JPMorgan Chase & Co. Merchant Services is the world's leading merchant acquirer with over $1 trillion in annual transaction volume in 2018. Merchant Services is a leading provider of payment, fraud and data security for companies large and small and capable of authorizing transactions in more than 130 currencies.
The Payment Network Relationship Manager will be a part of the Payment Network Office. The individual will be focused on working with the Payment Networks (e.g. Visa, Mastercard etc.) in the US and APAC regions, the Chase international expansion product team, and Payment Network colleagues. Our collective goal is to expand the Merchant Services business and technology to deliver best in class merchant/acquiring processing to our clients.
In partnership with the rest of the Payment Network Team, you will have responsibility for handling all Payment Brand related topics and issues, including advocacy, fraud/risk, merchant and network offerings, network rules and policies,) and innovation You will be working to facilitate business and technology discussions around our collective roadmap strategies, driving engaged partnerships with the Payment Brands in expanding our business internationally. The successful candidate will have the ability to lead and influence, drive meaningful productive change with the Payment Brands, and serve as a key collaborator to the Product Domains and Business.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing relationships with our International Expansion product teams and local Payment Brand contacts daily and in partnership with the global payment networks RM teams, in coordination with the European, Canadian and North American teams, including:
o Intake management from card brand announcements and tracking announcement through lifecycle for compliance
o Merchant support -JMPC advocacy / issue resolution / product innovation
o Payment Brand Product inquiries- understanding how Payment processing and products work at each of the Payment Brands (i.e. Account Updater, Authorization and Settlement, Interchange qualification, etc.).
o Operational matters -, escalation point for bulletins, product support, Statements of work for new initiatives
o Serve as a proactive, educated facilitator of communications and projects between Chase and the Payment Brands
- Providing leadership in identifying, prioritizing and building consensus around new initiatives
- Assessing proposed scheme and technical changes proposed by the Payment Brands, identifying impacts, and working with the internal teams to coordinate communications and intake into Product Backlog for emerging technology stack
- Proactively identify ways to improve processes and procedures
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- 10+ years of payments preferably working with networks (e.g. Visa, Mastercard), and managing intake process for brand announcements
- Evidence of leadership, initiative, accountability, productivity and teamwork required
- Effective leadership in managing multiple initiatives, multi-tasking and prioritization in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
- Deep relationship management skills, working with internal and external individuals and organizations with a demonstrated ability to influence, add value, reach consensus and create win-win solutions
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and an ability to synthesize and articulate complex topics into simple, clear communications to all levels of the organizations.
- Strong strategic and analytic thinking skills combined with an attention to detail
- Attention to communication - ensure accurate information is passed onto others as required
- Build collaborative relationships - develop, maintain and strengthen both internal and external relationships
- Diagnostic information gathering - identify the information needed to clarify the situation; seek information from appropriate sources; use skillful questioning to draw out information as needed
- Forward thinking - anticipate implications and consequences of situations; taking appropriate action
- Influence others - ability to gain others support for ideas, proposals, projects and solutions
Note travel is required Diversity Statement
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents theybring to our global workforce is directly linked to our success. We are anequal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion atour company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute,including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, ordisability, or any other basis protected under applicable local law. Inaccordance with applicable local law, we make reasonable accommodations forapplicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as anymental health or physical disability needs.