CIB F&BM - Business Management – Associate - Singapore
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- J.P. Morgan
- 20 Jul 18 2018-07-20
CIB F&BM - Business Management – Associate - Singapore
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
J.P. Morgan is a place for talented people from all backgrounds and perspectives because our clients come from all backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage a culture of inclusion, where everyone's opinion counts and all employees have the freedom to deliver their absolute best. This is why we work hard and invest in attracting and developing a diverse workforce. Learn more about our Business Resource Groups in how they help our employees build successful careers and reach their greatest potential.
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments, financial institutions, pensions, sovereign wealth organizations, states and municipalities entrust us with their business. We offer our clients a full suite of global financial services and capabilities, providing strategic advice, raising capital, managing risk, and extending liquidity in markets around the world. Not only is our goal to help clients succeed, we are committed to contributing to orderly and well-functioning markets and supporting global economic growth across our businesses.
The office of the SCBM (Senior Country Business Manager) is responsible for maintaining an appropriate infrastructure model to support the location's business and regulatory requirements, acting as the interface and facilitator for all governance and control related matters. The SCBM works closely with the Senior Country Officer (SCO), particularly in representing the firm to regulators, internal and external auditors, managing the service levels, quality and costs of business infrastructure and partnering with LOBs to establish and maintain a control environment of appropriate standards. In addition, this function supports the SCO in researching and implementing business opportunities, in close partnership with the Lines of Business, to consistently enhance the value and profile of the firm's franchise in the location.
This role works closely with the Country Business Manager of the location and the Location Controls Officer to drive business strategy in the location and lead location wide projects and initiatives under the sponsorship of the SCO and SCBM. In addition, the role will also assist the SCBM in ensuring appropriate standards of governance and controls as dictated by the firm's policies and the relevant regulatory authorities are achieved.
Key Accountabilities/ Major Responsibilities:
• Assist the Country Business Manager with location wide projects aimed at improving the overall standards of governance and controls
• Work with Line of Business (LOB) Business Managers and Control Officers on implementation of key control and regulatory agenda for the location i.e. Related Party Transactions, Client Consent, AML, MAS OTC Trade Reporting, Data Management etc.
• Support integration, business expansion and related strategies where required; work closely with LOBs to facilitate execution of local strategy
• Support the SCBM in expense and cost management for the location
• Secretariat for the Singapore Operating Committee (SOC) which includes supporting the Country Business Manager in ensuring agenda and materials of the SOC effectively cover the critical business as well as regulatory risks for the location.
• Facilitate awareness and appreciation of the importance of NBIA as well as coordinate location NBIA approvals
• Proactively link in with LOBs and the CIB NBIA Central Team to ensure all NBIs are approved appropriately by all committees (local vs. global)
• Ensure process meets expectations of regulators. Maintain records to substantiate review and approval and follow up post implementation review
• Assists the Country Business Manager in providing regular reporting to Committees and Boards
• Co-chair the Singapore Migration Forum which entails ensuring disciplined, practical governance of offshoring and outsourcing.
• Function as the location subject matter expert in outsourcing and offshoring, working in close partnership with all relevant functions, such as Inter-Affiliate Services (IAS), Sourcing, Third Party Oversight (TPO) and Compliance, to raise awareness, accountability and enforcement to ensure the policies and procedures are well understood and relevant to the local business to achieve compliance with local regulatory requirements and internal policies (local and global)
• Maintain records to substantiate initial review and approval and ongoing performance monitoring to ensure process meets expectations of regulators
• Work with each LOB to facilitate annual location wide recertification of outsourcing and offshoring activities and manage annual regulatory submission.
Control and Risk Management:
• Partner with the lines of business (LOBs) to identify risk trends, heat maps / risk themes and track follow up actions / issue resolution to address control gaps.
• Work in close partnership with control functions to raise controls awareness, enforce accountability locally and emphasize the importance of escalation
• Assist with regulatory inspections as well as internal and external audits for Singapore
Knowledge and Experience Required:
• Knowledge of and experience in financial services required
• Experience in control and risk management, finance, audit, compliance and project management preferred but not essential
• Strong work ethic
• Strong attention to detail
• Flexible and committed in approach
• Ability to work under pressure
• Strong communication skills, able to interact with various levels of seniority
• Team player, partnership with other team members and different teams across the business
A bachelor's degree in Law, Finance, Accounting or a related discipline is preferred