CIB Operations-Trade Finance Operations- Team Lead
- Competitive Salary
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- J.P. Morgan
- 16 May 18 2018-05-16
We are currently seeking an experienced Operations team lead to support the Head of Trade Operations and handle Trade Finance related processing functions in a global bank environment for the Singapore market. The successful applicant will be an outstanding trade professional looking for opportunities to step up.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com www.jpmorganchase.com.
J.P. Morgan is a place for talented people from all backgrounds and perspectives because our clients come from all backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage a culture of inclusion, where everyone's opinion counts and all employees have the freedom to deliver their absolute best. This is why we work hard and invest in attracting and developing a diverse workforce. Learn more about our Business Resource Groups in how they help our employees build successful careers and reach their greatest potential.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With nearly $20 trillion of assets under custody, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Treasury Services (TS) - the world's largest cash management provider - moves, concentrates and invests client money, and provides trade finance and logistics solutions. TS products include payments, collections, trade finance, investments, and information services that help companies manage working capital and liquidity. The business, which operates in 41 countries, is the world's largest U.S. dollar clearer, processing an average of $3.2 trillion in fund transfers each day.
Trade operation is an integral part of JPMorgan's Trade Finance and is responsible for trade related activities e.g. issuance of SBLC/BG, Commercial LC, Export LC advising/amendment, confirmation, invoice financing, trade loans etc.
We are currently seeking an experienced operations team lead to support the Trade operation head and handle the Trade finance related processing functions in a global bank environment for the Singapore market. The successful applicant will be an outstanding trade professional looking for opportunities to step up.
• Conversant with trade related commercial rules and able to provide solution or explanation to client in relation to UCP 600, ISBP, ISP98, URR725, URC522 or incoterms 2010.
• Able to manage senior stakeholders and clients.
• Build strong relationships with the business and hubs to collaborate on service delivery and client experience.
• Partner with product, risks, compliance and legal to understand and interpret industry/regulatory changes/ICC rules.
• Highlight irregularities and red flag items for credit/risks approval.
• Liaison with external and internal customers.
• Understand the flow of import/export transaction across different functions & products e.g. LC advising, document checking, acceptance, reimbursement claim and payment.
• Work with business new structure deal and ensure risks policy/controls are abided.
• Perform any ad-hoc request as directed by manager
• Have oversight with the processing hub and analyze key performance measure
• Work within operation team including the hub to streamline the flow and achieve timeliness, productivity and errors against the regional matrix.
• People management
• Produce and deliver management presentation deck to internal stakeholders/management.
• Minimum Diploma holder with at least 8 years' working experience in Trade Finance Operations.
• Resourceful and able to work effectively as an individual as well as in a team
• Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external clients both verbal and written
• Good understanding of industry practices
• Ability to identify opportunities to improve operational efficiency
• Fast learner of various trade applications/systems
• Well versed in Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong people management experience.
• Able to multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines/team objectives.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.