- Based on experience
- Permanent, Full time
- J.P. Morgan
- 14 Mar 18
CIB Operations - Transaction Processing Specialist (Japanese / Chinese Speaking) - Analyst - Singapore
The role will be primarily responsible for screening day-to-day transactions with demonstrated knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) principles, Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) policies and industry practices.About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/ http://www.jpmorganchase.com/
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, offering solutions to clients in more than 100 countries with one of the most comprehensive global product platforms available. We have been helping our clients to do business and manage their wealth for more than 200 years. Our business has been built upon our core principle of putting our clients' interests first.
The incumbent will be primarily responsible for screening day-to-day transactions with demonstrated knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) principles, Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) policies and industry practices. The qualified candidate must exercise sound judgment and discretion in the review of transactions in a high volume and high pressure team environment. The candidate will also be required to provide support to the team leaders with other assigned responsibilities.
This role will require the qualified candidate to exercise collaborative interpersonal skills when dealing with various internal business groups during case investigation and management.
- Exercise sound judgment and observe the highest degree of confidentiality and quality when screening transactions with compliance to OFAC policies, local laws and regulations.
- Establish and maintain partnerships with offshore internal stakeholders, Compliance and Technology teams to maximize efficiencies and ensure consistency.
- Ensure performance and deliver in accordance with Service Level Agreement, KPI and KRI.
- Capable in keeping up with change and ensuring you are up-to-date with the team’s standard procedure.
- Review metrics & provide analysis with summary reporting to management.
- Ability to identify and act on process improvement initiatives and operational process change.
- Proficient in performing a second-level review of dispositions to ensure the procedure was followed and that sufficient analysis was conducted to support the decision, while ensuring the analysis was properly evidenced.
- Actively participate in improvement initiative projects and support technology enhancement UAT and requirements gathering.
- Ability to mentor and coach new team members and identify training opportunities and any issues of under-performance after progressing to a senior role in the team.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Candidate must be able to read and write in English and Japanese
- Candidate able to read and write in additional language such as Chinese or Korean will be considered favorably.
- Prior experience in Swift Settlements and banking operations role will be considered favorably
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills & quick decision-making ability
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to work under pressure and high volume environment within tight deadlines and cut-off
- Individual must be a self-starter with the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint)