CIMD Operations, GSAM Ops - Regulatory Middle Office, Associate, Singapore
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB YOUR IMPACT
Our Regulatory Middle Office team within GSAM Operations is seeking a professional who is looking to provide key subject matter expertise on areas affecting the firm's regulatory reporting obligations. This will involve broad collaboration across global Operations, Compliance, Legal, traders and various industry forums. OUR IMPACT
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is the investment management arm of the firm. GSAM Operations provides service delivery and risk management in order to create a rigorous control environment for the investment management process.
The GSAM Regulatory Middle Office (RMO) team is responsible for overseeing GSAM's regulatory reporting and providing subject matter expertise within various regulatory reform initiatives and external audits. The team serves as the regulatory interface for internal and external business partners including Regulators, Auditors, Fund Administrators, Custodians, Controllers, Legal, Compliance, Trading Desks, Client Relationship Management,
Technology, and other Operational teams. The RMO team provides oversight and governance over regulatory filings and along with assessing potential impacts from business change events. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Holistic ownership and understanding of transaction reporting regulatory regimes, along with external audit reporting requirements from a GSAM Operations perspective.
- Provision of regulatory functional expertise pertaining to reporting, filing, exception management processing and auditing mandated by regulators(e.g. Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC), Malaysia Securities Commission to name a few)
- Oversight of the GSAM regulatory obligations that govern the functional processes
- Ensure the requirements are specified in a manner suitable for the intended audience and are
understandable, unambiguous and capable of being implemented and tested.
- Pro-actively review processes in an effort to gain efficiencies and improved risk oversight
- Defining clear and comprehensive timelines, estimating and planning tasks that are inter-dependent to meet objectives.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience
- Regulatory experience impacting the Asset Management Industry in APAC
- OTC Derivatives Transaction Reporting experience, MAS or ASIC
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience in the Finance Industry, ideally Asset Management Operations
Fund accounting experience
- Risk management focus
- Trade life cycle knowledge & OTC Derivatives product expertise
- Team oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to forge strong relationships with internal and external clients
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills Experience with change management or process improvement
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity