COMPLIANCE KYC OFFICER
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific ( www.apac.bnpparibas )
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
As the BNP Paribas Compliance Transformation progresses, specialist areas, known as Domains, are to be set up that encompasses the areas of: Financial Security, Know Your Customer (KYC), Clients' Interest Protection, Professional Ethics and Market Integrity.
The candidate will assist the APAC Head of KYC Compliance in the development of the KYC Domain within APAC.
The candidate with be involved actively in assisting the APAC Head of KYC Compliance in:
1. Implementation of the target organisational model and of the Remediation plan for the bank
• Overall reorganisation of the function
• Industrialisation of Compliance controls and validation of KYC files for onboarding and recertification through hubs for the APAC region
2. Carrying out KYC duties:
• Maintain and expound the Group KYC policies, including the scoring grids
• Accompany deployment of the KYC policies in business (e.g. advise on translation into business procedures)
• Involvement in projects related to business'
i. workflow tools (e.g. definition of Group best practices)
ii. database improvements (e.g. database requirements)
iii. scoring tools
• Define KPRIs for KYC reporting
• Build reporting architecture and consolidate reporting on KYC
• Co-validation of control plan for KYC
3. Internal and external representativeness
• Link with APAC regulation authorities
• Establishment of professional and serene relationships with the other Domains and Compliance Operational Perimeters
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
• Knowledge of KYC and the regulatory environment
• Knowledge of the APAC region and the organizations, establishments and businesses of the bank therein
• General understanding of IT systems used in the KYC area
• Proficiency in English and Chinese
• Computer literacy with ability to optimize use of technology for work
• Method and rigor
• Ability to analyse, summarize
• Relational ability
• Sense of the general interest
• Has initiative and is dynamic
• Ability to convey and convince
Specific Qualifications Required
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent
• Minimum 5-8 years of experience in Due Diligence or Compliance area related to KYC, AML, CTF.