COO - KYC Client On-boarding - AVP
Position Overview Client Lifecycle Management, Operations - KYC (Case Management)
KYC Client Onboarding AVP is responsible for ensuring client is successfully on boarded as required per global KYC policy, local KYC requirements, meeting tax, and regulatory norms.
The role requires KYC policy knowledge for Singapore and Hong Kong regulations, good knowledge of client onboarding documents including Reg and Tax docs.
Candidate needs to have strong KYC domain knowledge, ability to check and validate KYC documents, strong maker and checker control mind frame.
Strong communication skills and ability to liaise with internal compliance (AFC) and client outreach teams
Fungible resource to be able to cover New client adoption and periodic review and able to switch between roles
Candidate will play a crucial role in performing the Client reconciliation between downstream systems and KYC records and responsible for remediation of legacy clients
Provide client documents to Sales and CDD teams by leveraging client hard copies
Act as the single point of contact for the Business, managing the end to end KYC process for new client adoptions, product/business extensions and client regular review/remediation for CIB business lines, ensuring outputs are of high quality, and delivered in timely manner Primary Responsibilities
- Manage the inflow of request and prioritize KYC Client onboarding and Periodic reviews
- Experience of handling KYC for Corporate and Investment Banking clients with preferably good understanding of Corporate Banking product offerings and associated KYC requirements.
- Ensure business and client is provided with the KYC, Tax, and regulatory requirements for all onboarding and periodic review request
- Ensure key stakeholders are kept informed of the progress, challenges, and escalating issues where appropriate. Interact with Front Office and External Clients as appropriate and be hands on. Take end to end ownership and coordinate with various teams to get the task done (Credit, Compliance, and Legal etc)
- Follow up on any delays and deficiency on KYC docs
- Ability to work with onshore and offshore teams
- Liaise with Compliance/Business/External counterparts
- Perform quality checks to ensure that defined guideline is adhered
- Work as the process owner and ensure end-to-end management of all activities associate
- Ensure adherence to standards, procedures and also identify risk mitigates and is fully aware of Operational Risk management
- Participates in regular operational performance reviews and monthly self-assessment
- Should be commercially minded and ensure that information available with the bank or publicly available are sourced and leveraged
- Remain updated with Regulation and Industry Knowledge
- Break the silos within COB and with other departments to ensure efficient and speedy completion of tasks. Reduce complexity of the tasks.
- Support in preparing of MIS required for management decision making
- All overdue and ageing request are followed and placed for closure or hold to ensure the pipeline effective management
- Should be adept in spotting trends (in data points) and analyze the same for further action
- Must be able to multi task effectively
- Graduates with good academic record
- Strong knowledge on AML, KYC and Regulatory requirements
- Solid experience in the Banking/Finance industry with at least 5 years in Client Onboarding and Remediation
- Effective communication skills - to be able to manage relationships with clients virtually
- Experience working in a highly-matrixed environment, and accustomed to bridging the gap between disparate organizations and cultures.
- Good knowledge of regulatory trends and developments
- Proven ability to prioritize competing demands.
- General knowledge of Business Banking product set.
- Able to cope well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Should be hands on and should keep himself updated on regulatory changes
- Eye for detail and willingness to question current state practices
- Independent, self-motivated and a team player.
- Ability to use sound judgment to determine due diligence quality and if meets regulatory standards.
- Ability to apply regulatory guidance to review process in absence of written policy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management, organizational, planning and follow-up skills; ability to multi-task effectively
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to partner with internal partners and leverage internal resources
- Exceptional organizational, planning and management skills
- Ability to build relationships by communicating, influencing and negotiating effectively with business heads, senior managers, consultants, technical experts across the whole department and business users
- Strong capacity to assimilate other stakeholder's perspectives and fast learning abilities
- Pro-active and business orientation with proven ability to priorities and manage conflicting demands
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.