COO - Oracle Database Specialist - AVP
Operations provides support for all of Deutsche Bank's businesses to enable them to deliver transactions and processes to clients. Our people work in established global financial centres such as London, New York, Frankfurt and Singapore, as well as specialist development and service centres in locations including Bucharest, Moscow, Pune, Dublin and Cary. We process payments in excess of a trillion euros across the bank's platforms, support thousands of trading desks and enable millions of banking transactions, share trades and emails every day.
A dynamic and diverse division, our objective is to make sure that all our services are executed in a timely and professional manner, that risk is minimised and that the client experience is positive. We are proud of the professionalism of our people, and the work they do. In return, we offer excellent career development opportunities to foster skills and talent. Position Overview Roles and Responsibilities:
- Extensive hands on experience managing and maintaining Exadata machines. Solid exposure to Exadata hardware with a good understanding of compute nodes, storage cells, Infiniband switches maintenance, support and troubleshooting.
- Experience with Exadata Quarterly Patching, software and firmware upgrades.
- Experience managing Oracle ZFS appliance, including managing shares, pools
- Good understanding of the governance required to retain production availability (including checks, patching, capacity management, security)
- Strong experience with Oracle 11g R2/12c RAC including build, administration, troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Good knowledge of Clusterware (GRID Infrastructure) \\ CRS management and configuration
- Hands-on experience in Oracle ASM and Dataguard administration
- Expertise in SQL & Database level performance tuning
- Strong experience in backup, recovery( including flashback technologies) and migration using RMAN, datapump and export\\import processes
- Knowledge of database scripting and automation technologies
- Experience with management of databases using Enterprise manager Grid Control
- Experience with utilizing workflow and management tools
- Ability to apply technical principles when performing troubleshooting
- Solid technical fluency with tools and systems
- Knowledge of server concepts & architectures
- Knowledge of network and firewall concepts & architectures
- Knowledge of enterprise storage concepts & architectures
- Knowledge of ITIL framework
- Works collaboratively with other team members and builds positive working relationships
- Proficiency in English language, with excellent written and verbal skills
- Able to learn quickly and apply common sense to new situations, but understand when it is appropriate to engage others for advice
- Open and transparent in style and approach when working with others
- Ability to be proactive and take ownership to bring task to conclusion.
- Good time management principles.
- Minimum 10-12 years relevant experience as Oracle DBA within the IT support industry, experience in financial industry preferred.
- OCM or equivalent proficiency
- For Exadata
- Minimum 5 years of experience supporting Oracle Exadata Platform in a mid-size to large corporate environment (production support experience is a must)
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Deutsche Bank does not accept unsolicited curriculum vitae from third party vendors.